Hanahaki: The Silent Killer IV

I try to breathe but all I can do is choke on the sweet flowers you give to me.

Y/N had promised him that she would do everything in her power to help him figure out the cause of the illness and how to fix it. Now, she was completely going back on her word with that painful answer. Bakugou felt betrayed and frustrated with the situation that he lost sight of right and wrong. He was entitled to a solution that would meet his simple demands for he always received what he wanted.

He lunged at you, shaking your distraught body violently. "Y-You were to fucking help me cure this goddamn bullshit, Y/N! How am I supposed to become a hero at this rate, huh? This is your fucking fault and I am not ready to die because of it."

"Katsuki, you're hurting me... I will find another way, there has to be another way." you whimpered out. "Let me go, please. I do not want to hurt you."

"Bakugou!" Sero called out. "Stop it, you're going to only end up making things worse for yourself."

Kaminari and Kirishima pulled him off as you dropped to your knees with a blank stare. You couldn't dare peer into his anguished eyes for you knew it would change your feelings towards him. It was decided that you'd never tell him, not in this lifetime at least. A well guarded secret that you had been harboring for ages had no business being revealed now.

It'll only create more grief. I won't say it. Not even to you, Katsuki.

"It's about time you understood how shitty I have been feeling these past few months." He coughed again with blood smearing his chapped lips. "You said you were unsure about your feelings so then there has to be a part of you that loves me like I love you."

Mina crouched down and started into your eyes. "Y/N, Bakugou's right. We cannot give up this easily. We'll be supporting you each step of the way. Please, save the tears for later."

You sniffled. "Surgery."

"Hell no," Bakugou immediately rejected. "When the infection is removed, the victim's romantic feelings for their love also disappear. I am not putting myself through that kind of emotional trauma."

"That's all it is," you chuckled in disgust with a depraved smile. A raging fire ignited inside your head, letting all rationality flee. "An infection. You clearly are not thinking straight!"

Bakugou opened his mouth to continue speaking but another round of hacking up petals interrupted. The prevalent sound of his strained gagging made everyone cringe in slight disgust and worry. An entire flower fell out his mouth this time, its gorgeous frame stained with fresh blood.

Blue Violet- Affection

With his hands on his knees, he cried out. "I don't know what the hell to do! I confessed and it's still getting worse. I know for a fact that you do love me... it has to be true!"

You harshly slapped Bakugou before he could continue. "Katsuki, you are a true bastard. It is not my fucking fault you caught feelings. My love towards you is entirely platonic... it can never turn into romance aga-!"

No. No. No.

"Again? What do you mean again?"

You roughly took Bakugou's hand into your own and began walking away. "If you want to fight over this I'd prefer we'd do it elsewhere. I can give a proper explanation at that time. Everyone, we'll speak to you soon."

"Wait!" A concerned Deku pulled you out of Bakugou's grasp, shocking you both while he pulled you aside. "I... I'm sorry, Y/N. May I speak to you for a second?"