Hanahaki: The Silent Killer II

Where will your heart go? Where will it lead you? Who will it go to in the end?

"Hey Katsuki, tell me something."

"What is it now?"

You fiddled with your fingers out of pure boredom or could it be nervousness? The walk to your intended destination appeared to be taking longer than expected. A shallow breeze swept by, letting your hair fly free and dance in the warm wind. Bakugou hadn't realized he was staring since he was suddenly entranced by your unintentional charm.

After what seemed like a lifetime, you spoke up.

"What are we?"

The question caught him completely off guard. He had never taken into consideration what you thought of each other. Neighbors? Friends? Classmates?

However, he knew you harbored feelings for another.

"What is that supposed to—" "We're here!"

You made your way into the shop, a bell signaling your presence to the cashier at the register whom you instantly recognized.

"Michiko, it is so nice to see you again." You greeted.

"I'd say the same to you, Y/N. Ah, is this a friend of yours?" She smiled, gesturing at Bakugou who had a displeased scowl on his face.

"Yes," you answered, tugging him towards you. "This is Bakugou, I'm sorry if he seems rude. He's feeling a bit under the weather right now."

"That's all right," Michiko laughed. "I have your order ready in the back, let me go fetch it for you."

"Perfect, thank you!"

You turned to face Bakugou once more and found it was not an aggressive expression that adorned his features but more of a melancholy one. He was so deep in thought that you did not want to disrupt him but you did so anyways.

"Katsuki, stop spacing out. Come take a look at these hyacinths with me." You grasped his hand with yours.

"Huh? Quit holding my hand, Y/N."

"Be quiet, I'm trying to tell the difference between each of their meanings."

"Why the fuck do you care so much?"

You sighed deeply, "I have a plant based Quirk, idiot. This is some research I am doing and gathering knowledge on various blossoms."

"I don't know what is so special about some-" "A-ACHOO!"

With another explosive sneeze, the hyacinths before you shook violently before settling back into place. A coughing fit ensued right after so you began rummaging through your school bag. Bakugou grumbled as you handed him a handkerchief for his ailing nose and a cough drop.

"Oh my god, you made the petals come off them!"

"Not my fault their shitty pollen made me fucking sneeze."

"Why you–!"

Michiko appeared in the nick of time, a precious bouquet blanketed in her cautious arms. You were caught off guard by the size of it, surely you'd have to have Bakugou carry it with you.

"Here you are." She placed the floral arrangement on the counter and noticed you both head butting each other.. "Oh, what's wrong?"

"This jerk scared the petals right off of some hyacinths I was gazing at."

"Oh those?" Michiko made her way to the unorganized display. "You can have them if you like, they're close to wilting and I do not want them to go to waste."