He did

Kelly's P. O. V

It was finally summer. The holidays had just begun. What feels like forever of sunshine beaches and paradise.

The bell rang. It was time to get out of school for good. I had graduated and now I was free. I just had one big problem. My dad.

He went crazy when I said I was getting married to Ethan. He smashed a bottle against my thigh. It bled so much I has to go to A&E. He told the nurse I slipped. I hated him. There is going to be a permanent scar. I had to tell some one. I had to tell Ethan. He flipped. He asked me how I put up with it. He said he had to put an end to this. I was really scared of the future.

"Baby?" I asked

"Yep" Ethan replied looking at me with his deep brown hazelnut eyes.

I looked down "I'm scared"

"Of what baby? I'm her to protect you. You know I am!"

"Yes I do but I am scared of my dad. He beats me all the time. I'm sick of it but I am to scared to do anything. Especially tell the truth."

"What is there to tell?" he asked looking concerned

"Well. 12 years ago, it was my 6th birthday. I remember it all. I woke up to my mother singing happy birthday. She sung it so beautifully and delicately I can still hear her sing it now. " I started to cry. Ethan put his arms around me.

"It's ok. You can tell me later"

I pulled away from him.

"No. I have to tell you. You don't understand. She sung to me and she handed me a small parcel." I showed him the locket that was tightly secured around my neck. He looked at it carefully. Looking back up at me, I carried on. "I was so shocked I was speechless. I leaped on her. We hugged but for a Millie second, the world stopped and it was just me and my mum. Suddenly, she dropped. The police are still working on her murder. I know who did it. So does my dad. That's what I am scared of." I lent in close to his ear "it was dad"