In the beggining

"Happy birthday to you,

Happy birthday to you,

Happy birthday dear Kelly,

Happy birthday to you"

Kelly opened one eye. She saw her beautiful mother standing there. Her tick blonde hair tucked away in a bun with any left over hair tucked be hind her little pale ears. Her eyes were big blue and as beautiful as ever.

Kelly squealed with excitement.

"Happy 6th birthday pumpkin. " Jane gave Kelly a kiss in the end of her stubbly nose. Kelly kissed her on her soft powdery cheek.

"Thank you mumma" Kelly whispered.

Jane handed Kelly a little brown envelope. Inside it was a little locket. The locket was golden with individual family photos in each tiny frame. In the middle frame was a picture if the whole family together. Including her older brother Jake who died of luekimia when they moved to Scotland. Kelly was speechless. She looked up at mum and pointed to herself. Her mother nodded. Kelly sprung up from her flowery pink bed and leaped onto her mum. Jane got covered in kisses.

Suddenly she dropped. Kelly dropped with her. After pulling herself up off the hard cold floor, Kelly examined her mum. She was giving her mum little shakes to try and wake her up. It was no use. Jane had been poisoned.

Kelly woke up to the buzzing of her alarm. It read 6:30 am.

'Time for another day of hell' she thought to herself. Kelly got up and dressed. She was still in shock that she had that nightmare again. It happened every time on her birthday. '18 today' a sign said. Her friend Mia had taken a picture and sent it to her with a caption of 'happy birthday baby girl. May all your wishes come true. I hope you can get out this year. Love Mia xx' Kelly smiled at this message.

Kelly was 18 today. ' I survived another year. Maybe this one will be my last'. She snuck downstairs to check the post for cards or presents. Nothing. Absolutely nothing. She poured herself some shreddies and ate them all before 7:00 am. She was proud of herself for lasting one more year in this hell hole she has to call home. Kelly went back up stairs.

She made sure no one was looking and she opened her silver box that needs a key to open. Looking in she saw her locket. The gold one she got on her 6th birthday. The day her mother died. The day she was murdered.

She put her make up on and was startled to hear her dad waking.

"Get me a cup of tea. Now"

Kelly rushed down stairs and made her dad a mug if tea with one sugar and no milk. She carefully took it up to him. Placing down the mug, she knocked on the hard wooden door. He granted her permission to enter. When she did, it was not a pretty sight. Her dad was sprawled out over the smelly and dirty deep purple bed.

Dad never changed the duvet cover because that was the one mum pointed out. He was so angry at himself for what happened to mum but he is glad. How could he be glad? He always regrets murdering his own wife.

" It's for the best sweet heart" he would say right before getting drunk and then beating me.

She shut the door on the way out. Her dad gave out a grunt when she told him she was going to school.

Kelly didn't have a car because her dad was so horrible! Her dad would spend all their money on booze. He never let her have anything. He only agreed to a phone so that he knew where she was and what was happening.

Kelly ran to the bus stop because she was doing to meet Mia.

Mia leapt on Kelly when she saw her.

"Happy birthday " Mia screamed. She handed Kelly a small object. Millions of thoughts popped into her head. It didn't help that her best friends, Mia , parents were the richest people in the world!! She gave amazing presents because she didn't care about money.

Kelly shook the present. It rattled.

"Quick. Open it!!" Mia nagged.

Kelly opened it to find a small key with numerous key chains attached.

"What are these for"

"Press the button and see"

Kelly pressed it. She saw a yellow camaro
with platinum based wheels sitting there. It flashed when she pressed the button.

Kelly had done all her tests in secret. They were all paid for by Mia. Mia took them as well but failed. Kelly passed.

Kelly was speechless. Her best friend has got her a car for her 18th birthday. She leaped on Mia and hugged her so much. It was the second most happiest moment of her life. The first was when her mother gave her the locket. Kelly felt the locket. She smiled. She missed her mum so much. It was such a shame she was gone.

Mia had gotten Kelly the car she had always wanted.

"Hop in" Kelly said grinning. The drive to school was exiting for the girls.

When they got to school, Kelly's boyfriend, Ethan was waiting for her. He had bought Kelly a little key chain. It was pure gold with a yellow camaro attached to the end of the golden chain.

Kelly walked right up to him and kissed him. He handed her the parcel. She squeaked when she opened it and gave him a hug. The bell rang. Kelly moaned.

" I better go to history. See you later guys" she gave Mia a hug and Ethan a kiss and ran off with Catherine, her old school mate. She had a great time explaining about her presents. Catherine looked pretty bored. But I mean, of course you would!!