The suspicions start

Y/N's P.O.V

I walked into the office, carrying Cece on my hip.

"Hey guys." I smiled, alerting everyone to my presence.

"Hey babe." Jim smiled as he stood up.

"Oh my god, she's grown so much!" Pam squealed as she rushed around the reception desk to look at Cece.

"I know. She's already six months old." I smiled.

"Hello my gorgeous girl." Jim smiled as he took Cece from me and kissed her cheek.

"So, what's this little princess doing here?" Pam smiled as Jim gently bopped Cece up and down.

"Well, the sitter had an emergency so I had to collect her." I sighed.

"Okay." Jim nodded, smiling at Cece and wiggling one of her toys in front of her before walking back to his desk and sitting Cece on his lap.

I sat at my desk, typing out my sales as Jim gently bobbed Cece up and down on his knee. Suddenly his cellphone started to ring. He dug it out of his pocket and his eyes widened slightly at the number.

"Oh, damn, I have to get this." Jim sighed as he stood up, carefully picking up Cece as he did. I looked at him.

"Jim, you're looking after your daughter, just take it another time." I shrugged.

"I can't, I need to get this, but that's okay because daddy is going to put Cece in her crib, with her toys, and he'll be right back, and in the meantime, mommy is just there so she can watch Cece." He smiled at her as he gently put her into the portable crib.

"Mommy is going to watch Cece while daddy is taking his call, isn't she?" Jim asked, looking at me.

"Yes, mommy will watch Cece." I nodded. He smiled and kissed my head before grabbing his phone and answering it as he started to leave.

"Hey, yeah sorry, I was putting my daughter down, but I said I couldn't talk to you during work." He mumbled as he left the office. My smile faltered slightly and I gulped.

"I don't know who he's on the phone with. It's obviously important since he loves having Cece on his lap, but he still put her in her crib so he could take the call." I shrugged.

"I'm sure it's nothing." I nodded before looking down.

I tapped my foot against the floor as I wrote down my sales. I looked at the crib as Cece started to cry.

"Aww, Cece, honey, it's okay." I cooed as I got up and went to her crib. I bent down and picked her up, resting her on my hip.

"It's okay, mommy's here. Mommy's got you, Cece." I spoke, gently bopping her up and down.

"Why do you and Jim insist on calling yourself "mommy" and "daddy" when talking to Cece?" Dwight mumbled. I looked at him.

"I don't know, maybe because we're her mom and dad..." I spoke slowly.

"You know, her language won't develop any quicker if you use baby talk about her." He shrugged. I sighed as Jim walked back in.

"Who was that?" I asked.

"Um...just some client who wants to talk about our deal over dinner." He nodded, smiling at Cece.

"Why did they call your cellphone?" I scoffed. Jim's smile dipped and his eyes wavered.

"I, erm, I said they could...because then Cece wouldn't be able to grab the phone wire of my desk phone." He gulped. My eyebrows furrowed.

"You okay?" I asked.

"I'm fine." He smiled. I hesitantly returned it.

"Okay. Let's get back to work." I nodded before gently putting Cece back into her crib.

"Alright, I'm heading to this meeting." Jim spoke as he stood up and put his coat on.

"Okay. Oh, can you pick Cece up from day-care?" I asked.

"Ah, no, sorry, this meeting is gonna run late, I might not even be home to put her to bed." He sighed. My eyes widened slightly.

"Jim, it's four thirty, how is it gonna last three hours?" I scoffed.

"It's an important meeting, I don't know long it's going to take." He shrugged. I sighed.

"Okay, alright, my mom can pick her up. But just get home as soon as you can, you know Cece goes down easier when you put her to bed." I spoke.

"Okay. I will. See you at home." He nodded before leaning down and kissing my head.

"I love you." He called as he walked out.

"I love you too." I sighed, looking back down at my work.

Jim's P.O.V

Jim walked into the building and looked around, gawping slightly at the sight of it.

"Jim?" he turned around and smiled as his friend walked towards him.

"Leo, my god, long time no see." He laughed, shaking Leo's hand.

"Yeah, it's good to see you, man. Did you mention that you have a baby?" Leo asked.

"I did." Jim nodded.

"Thought so, it shows on your face." Leo mocked, making Jim laugh as he landed a hand against his back.

"Let me take you to meet the other investors. In total, there's 6 of us, including you and my fiancé." Leo nodded.

"Oh, congrats man." Jim smiled.

"Thanks." Leo chuckled as they went through to the conference room.

"Jim, where are you at in terms of investing and heading to Philly for a bit?" Leo asked.

"I need to get back to you on that because I haven't actually told my wife yet." He chuckled nervously.

"What? Why not?" he scoffed. Jim sighed.

"Look, I'm aware that investing will result in me having to go to Philly a lot, and I have a baby daughter which means obviously leaving my wife alone to take care of her. I have to be careful with how I approach this." He nodded.

"Okay, well, let us know soon because we need to set up our funding and need to get down to Philly so we need to know who's definitely in." Leo spoke.

"Okay, will do." Jim nodded before gulping and looking down.