"Will you marry me?" "...yes"

I sighed as I walked into the office, blood running from my nose. Pam looked up from the reception desk and her eyes widened.

"Oh my god, what happened?" she gasped as she grabbed a tissue and rushed to me. Jim's eyes widened and he jolted up from his desk.

"Oh my god, Y/N, what happened, are you okay?" he gulped, rushing to me and taking my face.

"Just some jerks outside throwing snowballs at each other. Well, they were at each other until I got out of my car, then they started throwing them at me. One hit my nose and I guess it had a stone in it because it made my nose bleed." I spoke.

"Oh Y/N." Pam sighed as Jim's eyes widened.

"They were throwing stones at you? Are they still out there?" Jim asked, his jaw clenched.

"I don't know, Jim." I sighed.

"I'm gonna find out." He nodded before rushing out of the office.

"Jim-." I sighed as I turned back to Pam and dabbed at my nose.

"He got really defensive over you there." Pam chuckled. I gulped and nodded.

"Yeah. I guess he did." I smiled slightly.

Jim's P.O.V

Jim rushed down the stairs and through the doors.

"Oh my god." He winced as he ran out into the snow. He spotted the group of guys who had hit Y/N.

"Hey, jackasses." He yelled at them, making them look at him.

"Hey, Mr tree." One smirked, making them laugh.

"Were you the one who threw a snow-rock ball at my girlfriend and gave her a nosebleed?" he asked, cocking his head to the side.

"So, what if I did?" the guy laughed. Jim's jaw clenched.

"You threw a snowball, with rocks in it, at my pregnant girlfriend." He spat. The guy's smile dropped slowly.

"What if you had hit her in the stomach? Huh?" he spat. The guy gulped.

"I-I'm sorry, dude, just chill-."

"Don't tell me to chill. Now get out of here before I call the cops." He spat. The guy's eyes widened again and he turned to leave, followed by his friends. Jim sighed and turned around. He gulped as he looked into the camera before looking down and walking back into the building.

Y/N's P.O.V

I stood in the kitchen, making myself a coffee.

"You okay?" I looked up and sighed as Jim walked in.

"I'm fine." I mumbled.

"They didn't hit you in the stomach, did they?" he asked, gently cupping my stomach. I sighed and looked at him.

"No, they didn't. Even if they had have done, we don't even know if I'm pregnant yet so it wouldn't matter." I mumbled. Jim looked at me as he moved his hand.

"What if you are, and they had? That could have meant bye, bye baby." He choked. I sighed and looked down.

"You know what, Y/N? I'm so sick of this. I might propose, I might not, I don't know yet. But whether or not I do does not impact my abilities to stick by you and be a good dad. You need to stop thinking that it will." He spoke, tears in his eyes.

"I'm sorry, Jim." I choked. He shook his head and shrugged, a tear leaving his eye as he left the kitchen.

Jim's P.O.V

Jim looked down at the box in his hand before opening it and showing the camera the engagement ring that sat on the purple felt.

"I bought this a week after I started dating Y/N. That's how quickly I knew that I really was in love with her and I did want to spend the rest of my life with her." He nodded, staring at the ring before looking back up.

"We'll get over this. We'll be okay. And even if she isn't pregnant, I'm still proposing." He spoke.

"For the record though, I hope she is pregnant. I mean, I can't think of anything more perfect than getting engaged to her, and then starting a family with her. God, I hope she's pregnant." He chuckled slightly and shook his head before looking back at the camera.

Y/N's P.O.V

I sat on Jim's doorstep, hugging my cold body as the rain pelted down and continued to soak me through.

"Y/N." I looked up and gulped as Jim stood at the end of the path.

"What are you doing here?" he scoffed, a small smile on his lips. I gulped as I stood up.

"Dwight told me you'd gone home. But I know that obviously we're not in the best place right now, so I didn't want to get your spare key and let myself in, just in case you didn't want to see me." I admitted. Jim's smile dipped slightly and he nodded as he walked down the path towards me.

"I can't wait, Y/N. And what I'm about to do, I'm not doing because you could be pregnant." He shook his head. I looked at him.

"What are you talking about?" I asked. Jim looked at me and smiled slightly as he got something out of his pocket before getting down on one knee, making my eyes widen.

"Oh my god." I choked as he opened the box to reveal a simple yet stunning ring.

"Y/N, will you marry me?" he asked, looking up at me hopefully. I held my hands to my mouth, trying to hide my smile as the rain mixed with my tears of happiness and streamed down my face. Jim looked at me.

"Is that a yes?" he chuckled.

"Yes, Jim. Yes!" I laughed, making him return it as he stood up and hugged me tightly. I returned it, holding onto him as if my life depended on it. He pulled back slightly but then pressed our lips together. I returned it eagerly, holding his face in my hands.

"Wait, I haven't actually put it on your finger yet." Jim smiled as he broke the kiss, making me laugh. I choked slightly as Jim gently took my hand and slid the ring onto my finger.

"Do you like it?" he asked, looking at me.

"It's perfect." I nodded, more tears leaving my eyes as I looked up at him. He returned it before leaning down and kissing me again, wrapping his arms tightly around me as I curled my arms over his shoulders.

"I bought a bottle of champagne on the way home, because that's how hopeful I was you'd say yes." He spoke as he pulled away, making me laugh.

"So, I think we head inside, get warm in front of the fire, cuddle up and celebrate our engagement with the champagne. What do you say?" he asked softly. I smiled at him, feeling safe with his hands on my lower back.

"I love the sound of that." I nodded. He returned it before kissing me again.