The new saleswoman

Jim stared at his computer, only half taking in what was on the screen.

"Hi, how can I help you?"

"Hey, my name is Y/N Y/L/N, I'm the new salesperson." Jim looked up and his eyes widened slightly as a stunning woman stood at the reception, talking to Pam. He studied her, moving his eyes up and down her. She was wearing the same sort of outfit that Pam usually wore, a pencil skirt paired with black heels and a button-up shirt. Her beautiful brown hair curled around her shoulders and fell gently against her back. He breathed out slightly as she laughed and smiled. God, her smile was stunning. Suddenly, he snapped out of it.

"Jeez, Jim. What's wrong with you, you're dating Pam." He mumbled to himself.

"Why are you talking to yourself? Are you losing your mind?" Dwight asked. Jim looked up.

"No, Dwight, I'm not losing my mind." He sighed before looking back down at his work.

Y/N's P.O.V

"Hi, my name is Y/N Y/M/N Y/L/N, I'm twenty-four and it's my first day working as a salesperson at Dunder Mifflin." I smiled.

"I'm kind of excited, people feel nice so far, but this is only sort of a stopover to another job." I admitted, nodding as I looked into the camera.

"Everyone seems nice so far. I've only actually met a couple people, I already met the small blonde lady, Angela, I think, and Pam as well. She's really nice." I smiled.

"I also saw that guy sitting across from the boss's office? The tall, brown-haired salesman. I haven't actually met him yet, but he looks like a nice person, and he's cute." I admitted, biting my lip and smiling.

I stood in the kitchen, making myself a cup of coffee.

"Hey." I looked up and my eyes widened slightly as the stunning, tall sales guy walked in.

"Hey." I returned.

"I don't think that we've met. I'm Jim." he smiled, holding out his hand. I returned his smile and shook his hand.

"I'm Y/N. I'm the new salesperson." I spoke.

"It's lovely to meet you. You met Michael yet?" he asked.

"Um, is he the creepy guy with the eighties style glasses, the mustard-coloured shirt and the stopwatch who said that I hadn't made a good first impression by being forty seconds late?" I asked.

"Oh, no, that's Dwight, you'll get used to his psychopathic tendencies soon enough." He nodded, making me laugh.

"I'll take you to go meet Michael if you want." He spoke.

"That'd be nice, thanks. I always hate meeting my boss alone for the first time." I chuckled.

"Sure thing. You ready to go now?" he asked.

"If you're free." I nodded.

"I am." He smiled, going to the door, opening it and gesturing me to it.

"Why thank you." I smiled, making him chuckle as he followed me through the door.

Jim knocked on the office door and we waited for a response.

"Come in." a muffled voice sounded. Jim opened the door and we walked in. My eyes widened slightly at the man sat at the desk, a glass tumbler of whiskey in his hands.

"Jim, I said you couldn't come in, now the new girl has caught me drinking at work, god, this is so embarrassing." The man laughed.

"You said that we could come in." Jim shrugged, hands in his pockets.

"No, no, I didn't. Too late now." The man sighed, laughing again. I looked at Jim.

"Um, Michael, this is Y/N, she's our new salesperson." Jim smiled at me.

"It's nice to meet you." I spoke, holding out my hand.

"Oh, we don't do handshakes here, I'm too cool of a boss to do that." He smiled. I nodded hesitantly as I retracted my hand.

"So, tell me a bit about yourself." Michael smiled.

"Well, I'm from New York, I have a brother, I-."

"Let me tell you about myself." Michael cut me off as he put his foot on his chair. I looked at Jim.

"He does this, just go with it." He shrugged.

"So, I'm an inspirer, a boss, a lover, a friend, a comedian, an entertainer, just to name a few things." He shrugged before his foot slipped off the chair and he nearly fell.

"Okay, well...anyway, Y/N, it's nice to have another woman around here. Pam's got competition, huh, Jim?" Michael smirked. My eyes widened and I looked at Jim to see his eyes equally as wide.

"What? No." he scoffed, shaking his head with furrowed eyebrows.

"I'm just saying, Pam is a six at best, Y/N is like an eight-."

"Alright, well, we have work to do, I just thought you should meet Y/N, see you later." Jim spoke.

"Yeah, I'm going to leave before I say something I regret." I nodded, making Jim chuckle and smile as we left the office. Jim shut the door.

"I am so sorry about that. Unfortunately, he's always like that." Jim smiled sheepishly.

"How does Pam deal with it?" I asked.

"Apparently she pictures me beating him up and that calms her right down." He nodded, making me laugh.

"Would you ever actually do that?" I smiled.

"I don't know. Maybe. If he said worse to you, I would." He nodded, looking at me.

"Wow, Jim, that's really nice." I smiled. He chuckled nervously and looked down.

"That's okay. Hey, just let me know if you need any help or anything." He spoke.

"Will do. Thanks, Jim, for everything." I smiled as we sat down.

"It's okay. I never mind helping out a pretty face." He smiled before realising what he'd said. He gulped and looked at Pam before looking back at me, making my smile dip slightly. He gave me one last small smile before looking down at his work.