2

"There's no way in hell all of that will fit in the wardrobe," Owen says, looking up at us from his position on the floor. He's currently in the process of building Lena's bed. Mine is already set up on one end of the room, along with a small nightstand and a desk.

Building all this furniture has been exhausting. I've only built a few flatpacks before, but Owen is some kind of expert. He's definitely helped us a lot today. He even let us drive his car to Ikea. It's an old truck, so there was a lot more room for all the boxes we bought.

Lena's bed is the last thing to be built. We bought two of everything. Exactly the same beds, desks, everything. But apparently, we should've bought an extra closet. Owen is right. There's no way all out clothes will fit in here.

"We'll try our best," Lena says, shoving another pile of socks into a drawer.

Owen was kind enough to move out of the master bedroom, so Lena and I could share it. This way, we have our own bathroom and don't have to worry about any awkwardness with the boys. The walk-in wardrobe is big, but Lena and I both love to shop. We have a different style of clothing, too. I'm all about dresses and skirts, and Lena loves shorts and jeans. We do share tops sometimes, though, but she's about two sizes smaller than me.

"Alright," Owen stands up. "I just need your help moving it into the corner."

"Sure," I nod. Lena comes too, joining me at the foot end of the bed. We lift it up, pushing the bed into its position. Once it is, Owen drops the mattress on top. Our bedsheets are still in the dryer, but they'll be done soon. We've taken full advantage of the buildings laundry facilities.

"We should move out makeup storage into the bathroom so you have room for your keyboard," Lena tells me, returning to her box full of clothes.

"Are you sure?" I ask. "I'm happy to keep it under my bed and pull it out when I want to play."

"You play every day," she points out. "It's easier this way. Besides, the bathroom is practically empty now."

"Thanks, girl," I smile. We'd originally set up a makeup station between our two desks, and kept the bathroom free for skincare products and spare towels, but if we add another set of drawers, we'll have plenty of room for our makeup.

That definitely works for me. I love having constant access to my keyboard. It's my dream to own a grand piano, or any piano, for that matter. But my keyboard will do for now. At least I can play a proper piano on campus.

The sound of the doorbell interrupts our unpacking. Owen goes to open it, but we already know what it is. We follow him into the living space. Sure enough, it's our dinner. We sit down at the breakfast bar, watching Owen walk towards us with the pizzas. He hands them to us, and walks over to the other side of the counter to eat his own.

"Is there much left to do?" Owen asks. "I've gotta go out later."

"Not really," Lena says. "Where are you going?"

"There's a party down the road. You guys can come if you want."

"I'll pass," I say. I'm way too tired to go out.

"Yeah, I'll stay here," Lena nods. "Are there a lot of parties here?"

"There's one on almost every night."

"Really?" she laughs. "That's kind of exciting."

"Kind of terrifying," I respond. I know the kinds of things that happen at college parties. I've seen The Hunting Ground.

"It'll be fine!" Lena assures me. "Nothing will happen to you."

"You're afraid?" Owen asks.

"I'm not afraid. I'm just worried."

"I won't lie. You should be worried."

"Don't say that!" Lena scolds. "if she's worried, she'll never go."

"You need to be careful at these parties. People will be drunk, probably high, and completely reckless. Everyone does stupid shit, but the guys take it to a whole new level."

"And you don't?" Lena questions.

"No," he responds. "There's a reason I'm not in a fraternity."

"Are frat guys really that bad?" I ask.

"Yeah. I'd stay away from frat parties if I were you."

"Shit, really?" Lena scowls, surprised by his words. She had hoped it was just a myth.

"There's one on tomorrow I can take you too," he says. "If you're with me, you won't have to worry."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah," he nods. "All my friends will be there. We'll look out for you."

Speaking of his friends, we still haven't met Tyler. He hasn't been here all day. I have no idea where he is, but he must be busy.

"I want to go," Lena turns to me. "Just to see what it's like."

"Alright," I nod. "Maybe it'll be fun."

"Besides, there will be plenty of hot guys, right?"

"Yes, Lena," Owen rolls his eyes. "There will be plenty of hot guys."

Lena laughs, taking another bite of her pizza. Lena has a bit of a boy obsession. She can be outgoing when she wants to be, and capture any guys attention. She's the boss.

"I think we should make a deal," Owen says.

"What kind of deal?"

"I'm fine with you bringing guys home, but can you give me a heads up, so I can find somewhere else to crash? I don't want to hear my little sister have sex."

"Sure, but then you need to do the same. No girls when I'm here, deal?"

"Deal," he nods, but then turns to me. "Do I need to worry about you bringing guys home?"

"Probably not," I chuckle. "But who knows? Maybe I'll experiment this year."

"Oh, the good girl is turning bad, I see?"

"Sarah has always been bad," Lena says. "You just don't know her well enough."

"Well, I'm hoping to get to know her a lot better," he winks at me.

"Are you..." I hesitate. "Flirting with me?"

"What can I say?" He smirks. "I have a thing for blondes."

"Hey!' Lena calls. "Don't be weird."

"I'm kidding!" He explains. "She's way too sweet for me, anyway."

"I'm not sure if that's meant to be a compliment," I laugh.

"Well, I've got to keep some things secret," he winks once more.

"Come on, Sarah," Lena gets up from her seat. "Let's leave this loser alone."

"I'm just messing around!" He defends, but it's too late. Lena is walking out of the room.

"Thanks for your help, Owen," I say, not wanting to leave on a bad note. "Have fun at your party."

"Thanks, Sarah. I'll see you tomorrow."