Conclusion

Fiemie darted down the hill.

"Wait up!" I screamed as I ran after her.

Twigs crunched beneath our feet as we ran. I could hear Atara screams getting louder. Fiemie had already reached the clearing. The cabin was in sight.

Fiemie stood there with her hands on her hips. "You're so cute when you're out of breath." She said with a smile.

"Ha, ha - very funny." I said as Fiemie took off towards the cabin.

Atara's wails interjected the sloshing sounds of the creek. We arrived at the side of the cabin. My face turned as white as a ghost. There was Atara, pinned against the cabin wall by a large, black bear. There was something different about this bear. It had two protruding teeth and a beaver's tail.

"Tempertooth!" Fiemie exclaimed.

"Help!" Atara screamed as he pulled the chain from his pocket.

The bear roar loudly as Atara swung the chain. The knocked the chain out of Atara's hand. I jumped back into a stance. My hand clenched the handle of my tanto."Don't worry Atara!" I briskly exclaimed. "I'll save you!"

Just as I unsheathed my tanto, Fiemie began to play her shamisen. The bear turned around and roared at Fiemie. She continued to play the same melody, over and over. I held my tanto ready, watching as the bear slowly hobbled away from Atara. The bear stopped in front of Fiemie. She stopped playing, and the bear fell to the ground. Atara breathed a sigh of relief.

"That's a good girl!" Fiemie said, petting the sleeping bear.

There was a moment of silence. I looked up at Atara, then Fiemie. "I think you guys will get along just fine!" I exclaimed with a chuckle.

End Of The 'Prologue Chapters'