Chapter Nineteen

AN: You guys are very spoiled;) This chapter wasn't supposed to be out for a few more days, but I've been having a lot of fun writing it. The book is short, but that's cause this was one of my first books, and I was still figuring out the page lengths and stuff. The sequel will be much longer, I promise! At least 3-6 pages per chapter. Anyways, here is the chapter that I wasn't going to post for at least a week. BTW, thanks for all the votes and inspiring comments. I seriously couldn't believe that Finding Talent had over 1000 reads! I'll do my big fan thank you at the end, but I wanted to put out a tiny one here:) So thanks again!

-Bella

Chapter Nineteen

Ryan's face lights up when I enter the room. He's propped up on a metal hospital bed, and a thin white blanket is draped across his lap, while his head rests on a crisp white pillow. There's a monitor attached to his pale finger, and a white bandage wrapped around his head. Strands of his blonde hair stick out at different lengths.

"What's up cowboy?" I smile and sit down on a wooden chair positioned on the right side of his bed. Alyssa follows me quietly and plops herself down on my lap. "Ow! 'Lyss! You're heavy!" I whine.

"Tough." Alyssa blinks.

"I'm OK. The feeling of a sledge hammer lodging it's blade in my skull has ceased. How's Criss? The doctor's told me she went crazy." Ryan says, suddenly seriously. He cares so much about his horse.

"Don't worry. That mare of yours is just fine. Alyssa and I took care of her. Her Dad went to the grounds yesterday and threw her a couple of flakes of hay." I inform him. My eyes drift up to his forehead, which is a bright red and incredibly swollen. It's blue and black in the places it's swollen. I wince.

"That bad?" he sighs. Tentatively, he reaches up and touches it lightly.

"Yeah...Well at least all those rocks inside your head protected your brain," I smirk. "Oh, wait. You don't have a brain, so there's nothing that could have been injured."

"Ha ha Sadie. You are sooo funny," He says dryly and rolls his eyes. "Im not kidding. The doctor's said I could have had serious brain damage. Or broken my neck. I could have been paralyzed for life." He says dramatically.

"Yeah, sure." I say doubtfully.

"Yeah, sure is right," Alyssa butts in. "Sadie was mortified. She cried Ryan! You made her cry! I haven't seen her cry in at least three years. She was so upset she even scratched herself from her reining event with Rain."

I bring my hand up and smack Alyssa on the top of her head. "Shut up!"

"Ow!" She says, fake-hurt.

"You deserve it." I scold.

Ryan just sits there with an amused expression on his face. "Wow." He finally says.

"Get over it Ryan. Of course I cried. I thought you were dead. If the Larry guy died in front of my eyes I'd probably cry to." I protest.

"Wait... now I'm confused." He holds up a finger.

"Aren't you always?" I raise my eyebrows.

"Who's the Larry Guy?"

"Oh. So I sense jealousy?" I ask in a mocking tone.

"No. Please just tell me who the Larry Guy is." Ryan pleads, and hikes the blanket up to his chin.

"Aw...is Ryan going to cry?" I say in a baby voice.

"If it was my dying wish would you tell me who the Larry Guy was?" Ryan inquires.

"Of course." I say obviously.