once

"What do you want?" I sighed.

"Julie," Elise said, aghast, looking apologetically towards Tim. "Don't be rude."

"I don't want to speak to him."

She took me by the arm. "One second, Tim." We went a fair distance away, before she pivoted and looked at me with fierce eyes. "What is with you?"

"Elise," I sighed, rubbing my temples. "We've broken up."

She almost stumbled back at the shock of it. "You'll work it out, surely."

"I don't want to work it out," I told her. "For three years, I've tried to convince myself that I loved him. That I loved him enough to forgive him after all those times he was unfaithful." I glanced over to him, looking self-assured, like he really believed I was about to welcome him back into my life, open arms. If that meant shoot him, then yes, I was all for it. "But I don't love him, not since the first time he cheated."

She nodded. "Alright, I'll get him to leave."

"Preferably soon," I said, before looking back over. "Actually, right now." Because at that moment, Nicolás and him were nose to nose, and by the clenching of Nico's fist by his side, I knew this was heading in only one direction.

I rushed back over there, putting my hand on the spanish boy's chest to put some space between them. But he was like stone, immovable.

"Nicolás," I said, slowly, staring up at his face, all hard lines and anger. He looked down at me, gaze softening as he took in my fearful expression. "He's not worth it." I turned to the other boy, still trying to square up to someone a good head and shoulders taller than him. "Leave, Tim."

"Do I really have to fight for you?" He asked, jumping on the spot. "Because I will."

I ignored him. "Come on, let's go," I said to Nicolás, very aware that those at the table were beginning to notice the altercation. He nodded, before following me back through the house and out through the front to the pool area. We continued going until we reached the restaurant. I waited as he took out the key and unlocked it.

He pulled two chairs out for me and him to sit down on.

"What am I going to do with you, huh?"

He stared at my face, likely gauging whether I was angry or not. "Whatever you want."

I scoffed lightly, a smile pulling at the corner of my mouth. I looked away from him to outside, where the sun was receding.

I returned my gaze to him.

Fuck, he's gorgeous.

I stood up, making his eyebrow rise in question. How is an eyebrow hot? Venturing the small distance between us, I settled myself onto his lap.

"Anything?" I asked, staring at his lips.

"Anything," he breathed.

It was me who joined our lips together.

For once, it really was gentle— slow and steady as he massaged my tongue with his own, hands in my hair as mine rested on his chest. He nudged my hips forward so I was now sat directly on his groin.

His hands slipped from my hair and ran down my sides, like he was committing each curve to memory. That thought alone had me pressing further into him.

He groaned into my neck as he began littering open-mouthed kisses along my skin, like he wanted to make this last but was also struggling for control. I was no better, as I ground my hips down into his.