Deep

Knock, knock, knock.

“It’s open!” Jiro shouted over her shoulder. The door opened, and Yaoyorozu stood in it’s place. She smiled at her upon entry as she peered at her upside down, her head hanging off the side of her bed. “Hey, Yaomomo. Was the note thing a tease?”

Yaoyorozu looked down at her feet, her hands held behind her back. “Not exactly.”

Jiro’s eyes shot wide open at the news. “Wait, seriously? Who was it? Tell me!” She flipped herself around on her bed to sit up right, crossing her legs excitedly. It was about one of the few times the girl ever got excited about gossipy like subjects. Perhaps it was because Yaoyorozu was not one to typically take romantic situations in stride. “Momo, if you don’t tell me, I will blow up your phone overnight. Say goodbye to sleep.”

"Okay, okay. I never said I wasn’t going to tell you.”

Jiro patted the mattress in front of her, smiling widely. “Then stop standing there and come over here!” Yaoyorozu walked over to her friend’s bed, looking up at the black and red patterned ceiling as she took a seat. “So? Who was it?” She hung her head down, her face burning hot as she made a miserable sound. Jiro gasped dramatically, leaning toward her. “I was right, wasn’t I?!"

Yaoyorozu brought her hands to her face to hide her cherry red cheeks, numbly nodding her head. “Yeah...”

She laughed. “I told you! I knew it was him! It had to be! Only Todoroki would do something like that. Tsu and Toru don’t write notes to people, Iida would have confronted you directly, All Might wouldn’t have asked you to meet him at the gates - that would be a little weird - and Tokoyami doesn’t really talk to anyone. Todoroki would be the only person who wouldn’t have a clue how to talk to you. You know how he is - he’s pretty clueless when it comes to people.”

"I know, I know.” Yaoyorozu picked at the bandages binding her neck. “I just... didn’t want to believe it at the time.”

“Enough about why it was him and how I was right. Tell me all the juicy details! What did he want? Was I right about him confessing, too?” Yaoyorozu’s cheeks only brightened and Jiro burst out in a sudden fit of laughter. “Are you serious?!”

"Uh huh...”

"Oh my god! Momo!” she exclaimed. “How did he do it? Some grand gesture? Did he make some little hearts out of ice and fire? Did he show up on a large ice pillar? Did he-”

"Kyoka,” Yaoyorozu said sternly, holding up a hand. “Slow down. Todoroki didn’t make any... Grand gestures. No.”

Jiro frowned. “Well then what did he do? Just walk up to you and, ‘hey, you’re cute. Wanna be my girlfriend?’” Yaoyorozu rolled her eyes at her.

"He didn’t just come out and say it, Jiro. It was a little awkward at first. He asked me how I was and we talked briefly before I finally prompted him. Earlier, after the exams where me and Todoroki were paired up for the sixteenth battle, he pulled me aside and wanted to talk to me, since earlier in the day I said that if I won I wanted to him to hear me out about something. Of course, I lost the battle, and along with it, my confidence to face him. He eventually got it out of me, and... I admitted to having feelings for him.”

'Wait, wait, wait... WHAT?! Why didn’t you tell me?!” Jiro cried.

"Because I got embarrassed when he stayed silent and ran off. I felt so stupid for ever thinking he would like someone like me, but then... he chased after me.”

Jiro laughed again. “What, was it all slow motion with slow R&B music playing in the background?” Yaoyorozu slapped her leg and she flinched, but kept laughing.