In the Shadows of Mystacor Part 1

"Hey?"

Adora gasps when Glimmer touches her shoulder and Catra skips sideways at the sound, fur raised.

"Sorry. Too early to teleport," Glimmer says.

Bow gives them a weird look. He makes a show of looking out, then asks, "So...what are we looking at?"

"I don't know," Adora says at the same time as Catra says, "Nothing."

Glimmer and Bow look at them.

Adora looks to Catra, who sighs. "You know how you said the Horde had a princess on their side?" Catra starts. "Well. They do have one, and she's mad Adora left, and maybe that I blew up her boat. I hope she is. And she might be coming for us."

"I heard her say my name last night!" Adora blurts out.

"Did you get any sleep at all?" Glimmer asks.

"And let her get the drop on us?" Catra retorts.

"It was dark," Adora agrees.

"Okay," Glimmer says, holding up her hands. "Okay. I know you're on edge, and what happened with Entrapta's infected robots didn't help. But we're not in any danger."

Adora and Catra glance at each other. They've part of the rebellion.

"You need a vacation," Glimmer continues. "Which is why I decided that we're going to Mystacor."

And that's good, apparently, going by Bow's excited gasp.

"Is that another princess?" Catra asks cautiously.

"No, it's a secret, floating kingdom that's home to all of Etheria's sorcerers." Glimmer sighs happily. "It's got tranquil gardens, and beautiful beaches, and healing springs, and my aunt Castaspella just happens to be head sorceress there!"

"You'll love it!" Bow agrees.

"What's a sorcerer, an aunt, and a sorceress?"

They both look at Catra weirdly.

"She's kidding!" Adora says. "Haha. We know all those things."

"I'm not dying over pride, Adora," Catra tells her, as if that's what this is about as opposed to not looking weak and useless in front of people they need to impress, then turns back to Bow and Glimmer. "We have no idea what any of those are. Are they powerful?"

"An aunt - " Bow starts.

"A sorceress - " Glimmer starts.

A person who's related but isn't a parent and a person who's magic but isn't a princess. Adora hadn't known about things like that.

"It's super nice there," Bow insists. "You'll love it! Plus, you won't have to worry about anybody scary coming after you. Mystacor is protected by an invisibility spell, so evil can't find it!'

Glimmer nods and puts her arm around Adora's shoulder. "It's the safest and most peaceful place in all of Etheria."

"Are they really all that tough?" Catra asks. "The Horde never mentioned them."

"Like Bow said, the Horde can't find them! That's why it's the best place to go. We'll have you guys relaxing in no time."

"How would relaxing help?" Adora demands in horror. Relaxing was what happened before you died of something because you weren't paying attention.

"Yeah, we need to take this to the Horde. Show we're not afraid of anyone," Catra hisses. "I'm sick of hiding."

"It's not hiding, it's just a vacation," Bow says. "Haven't you ever-"