DirkJake Date + Notice

Wrote this since I've been on a super long hiatus! Sorry about that!! I hope to get back to writing this story soon, but for now I hope this appeases the fanfiction gods >.< Enjoy!! ~Carlotta

Be Dirk Strider==>

It's already Valentine's Day, and personally, you're nervous. This is the first Valentine's Day you'll be spending with Jake, and that means it must be perfect. Jane and Roxy are already aware of your plan and said they would help, but ultimately the day is up to you.

You walk out of your room, barely casting a glance at your older brother as you walk towards the door of your apartment.

"Good luck today little bro!" He calls as you leave, and you shake your head at his words, silently smiling to yourself.

You walk over to Jake's house, ringing the doorbell and smiling at him as he appears in the entryway, looking only half awake.

"Dirk! Blimey, it's only 7 in the morning! I was barely awake by the time you knocked on my door. What's all the fuss about?" Jake asks, looking slightly annoyed with sparks of curiosity showing in his eyes. You hold back a laugh while he continues to glare at you, tufts of hair falling down in front of his face.

As always, your hair is gelled back into its natural spike, and you prefer to keep it that way. While Jake may call you lifeless, you think that it better displays your style this way. Not to mention, it's helpful when you're working with your robots. It keeps the hair out of your eyes, but still looks nice.

"Well, I was hoping you'd be awake by now so we could go on our date, but if you'd rather just stay at home and be grumpy that's ok too-" You trail off, letting the words sink in for a moment and smirking when the realization hits Jake in the face.

"OH!! You're right! I almost forgot today was the day of love! Why didn't you say so sooner?? Dirk I'll be down in just a moment, come on in!" Jake's demeanor changes immediately as he rushes to get ready on time. You laugh as you watch him sprint up the stairs, nearly tripping halfway up. A few moments later and he's back down in front of you, hair neatly combed back and in dressy casual clothing.

"Shall we?" You offer your arm, and together walk back to your apartment where your car is. You got your license recently specifically for today, and fully intend to use that privilege to the full extent. You see your brother watching you from the kitchen above and smile at him, while his face remains an image of pride. You know he's proud of you for finally asking out Jake, especially since you were an extremely quiet kid before you met him.

You get in the driver's seat of the car, Jake sliding in next to you soon after.

"So, where are we going mate?" The stars of curiosity have taken their place back in Jake's eyes, and you shrug.

"It's a surprise." You leave the conversation at that, fully intent on not letting your boyfriend know your plans for the day.

Soon enough, you arrive at a park, where Jane and Roxy wait for you.

"Dirk! Jake! Over hereeeee!!" Roxy screams, waving her arms frantically to get your attention. You step out of the car, laughing as she continues to wave.

"We can see you, Rox. You don't need to be that obnoxious," you laugh again as the others join you.

"I know, but it's more fun!" She smiles widely before taking Jake's hand in her right and Jane's in her left. "We ready to go? We got a loooootta stuff planned for you today Jake!"

Before your companions can protest, she speeds off further into the park, leaving you to jog behind them. She only stops when you've reached a clearing, which presents a picnic laid out on the grass.