Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Be Jake English==>

Things got worse. So, so much worse. It all started when Dirk and Roxy came back into the room, and the little voice in your mind telling you Dirk was at fault completely took over. It hurt you every time he tried to talk to you and you wouldn't respond. It went so far that at one point he looked on the edge of tears (But how would you know? He's wearing sunglasses, after all.) and had to step out of the room for a little bit to cool off. There's no sign of Jane, and Roxy is just staring out the window at the rain. It's already 8 am. How did time fly by so fast?

"I'm going to go check on Dirk. Stay here." Roxy says, standing up to cross the room.

"Not like I can move, anyways." You let out a nervous laugh, and Roxy offers a small smile. Good enough, it's nice to see one of your friends smile at you anyways. Roxy moves out of the room, leaving you alone with your thoughts.

Why the hell did you keep ignoring Dirk, anyways? That little voice in your head was really getting to you, and it sucked. You hear your phone ding and pick it up from the bedside table. It's Jane.

GG: Hey. Let everyone know I'm going to school, alright? Sorry I had to leave so soon, I had a few things to take care of.

GT: Of course! Everything ok?

GG: Yeah! Everything's fine, Jake! Don't worry about me! See you later!

GT: Oh alright. See you later!

That conversation with Jane seemed awfully short to you. You were most likely right, and she's upset about something. But she won't tell you what it is. She can't hide it forever, soon you'll find out! You feel determined to.

Roxy walks in, with Dirk in tow. He seems to be doing better, but his face is a bit red. His sunglasses are also slightly crooked on his face, but you decide not to mention it.

"Hey, Dirk! I'm sorry I--" You begin to say, but you're cut off by Dirk lunging over and hugging you. Tight. Your heart rate monitors start going crazy, and you don't know what to do. You pat him on the back gently, trying not to upset the monitors further. He lets you go, but you feel emptier without his arms around you. You're not quite sure why.

"Now that you're done with your friend reunion and all that, anyone know where Jane went?" Roxy asks, taking a step forwards. Dirk shakes his head.

"Oh! She pestered me earlier, requesting for me to tell you that she went to school! She said she had a few things to take care of." You say. Roxy gives you a strange look, then shrugs.

"Oh, I see... Well, guess we should see when you can get released, right?" She asks, walking towards the door again. You nod, and she walks out to look for a hospital staff member. Even though it's strange you're alone with Dirk, you're still happy you guys made up.

Be Jane Crocker==>

You can't believe Roxy and Dirk. You thought they were your friends. How could they stab you in the back like that?? You thought they both knew about your crush on Jake. Or Roxy at the least! You never thought she'd be the one to turn her back on you. Dirk, you could see doing that. He is pretty unpredictable.

You can't help crying again. No, you're not normally a crybaby. But these past 24 hours are an exception. First, Jake gets a life threatening injury. Next, you find out you have to compete with Dirk for Jake's heart. Worst of all, your friend is on his side!! You just want to go home and curl up into a ball.

You run outside, only to find that it's pouring rain again. You sit down on the curb of the road, shivering. You just wish that you could turn back time by 24 hours and change this entire timeline. If only that was a thing. You sit there on the sidewalk in nothing but your night clothes for a few minutes, completely ignoring the rain that beats down on your back.