Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Be Jake English==>

No, you can't be Jake English. He's unconscious.

Ignore text and be Jake English==>

beep... beep... beep... beep... Beep...

You hear a faint beeping noise. God, it's annoying. You just want it to stop so you can keep dreaming. Dreams are nice. Your head hurts, but you don't recall as to why. Maybe it's because of all of the beeping you hear. You hope it stops soon, but you don't want to wake up and turn it off. Fuck it, you can't sleep with this constant noise.

You open up your eyes and try to make sense of the area around you. Everything is pretty fuzzy, but you can tell that you're in a white room with a single bed and a window leading to a dark outside. Your ears seem to be working alright, though, and you can tell that there are people in your room. And judging by their conversation, they know you, too!

"Do you think he'll be ok, doctor?" A voice says. It sounds like she's been crying. You want to call out and say that you're ok, but you barely have the strength to keep tuned into their conversation.

"He should be fine. We gave him some medications to help him sleep better, but they should be wearing off pretty soon. You're lucky you were able to get him here as fast as you did. He may not have been able to survive if you didn't." A male voice says. He doesn't sound familiar to you, so he must be the doctor.

"That would be hilarious. I could just see his epitaph, 'I died by slipping on a rock...' Haha, the dork." You hear another male voice say. This one sounds familiar. You hear the sound of skin on skin contact. "OUCH! Jane, what was that for?!"

"You shouldn't joke about this stuff, Dirk! Jake could've been seriously hurt!!" The just-recently-crying-voice says.

"I guess you're right Jane. I'm sorry....... But you have to admit. It'd be pretty funny." It sounds like the guy is about to burst out into fits of laughter.

"Dirk, I think Jane is right on this one. Jake could've been seriously injured, or worse." This girl's voice is shaky, but not as raspy as the other one. Jane, you think. You remember those voices! Your friends! You decide to stop being completely silent and open your eyes wide. You attempt to say hello to them, but it comes out as a jumble of words.

"Hewwo jan nd roxeeee nd diiiiirky." You try to say, tripping over the words.

"JAKE?!" All three of them shout at once.

"Shh, don't try to speak, Jake. The doctors gave you some numbing medicines so you wouldn't feel the after effects of your injury as much." Jane says. You nod and hear a quiet whisper. You could barely hear the words from where you were.

"I could kiss it better..." You wonder if you heard that right. It sounded male, so either Dirk or the doctor..? You really hope it was Dirk, even though that would be weird. Him being your best friend and all. You pretend you didn't hear anything and listen to your friends talk to you until feeling comes back into your tongue.

"That was one heck of a first day of school, don't you guys think?" You ask them. Everyone nods. "Dirk, we didn't even make it to English class! Or History, with Jane!" This brings a small smile to Dirk, and even Jane's face seems to brighten up more.

"I wanted to tease you about that a bit Jake, guess we'll have to wait until tomorrow." Dirk says, letting a small laugh escape his lips. "But for now, we should let you rest. We'll be here, so don't worry about waking up to an empty room." You smile at your friends.