The Show: Chapter 1

Chapter 1

“Nikki! Out here!”

“When did you guys break up!!?”

“Nikki did you pull out of the show!!”

“Nikki we love you!”

“Nikki is Jacob Mason your baby’s daddy!”

The usual as always, paparazzi and fans were screaming outside, surprisingly I could still hear them, even seven stories up. I’m pretty all of them will lose their voices by the end of today. I’m currently bawling my eyes out, if you’re wondering. Just kidding, yes I was upset and yes I did shed a few tears but I wasn’t about to cry that boy a river. Rosalie was a fighter if anyone did try to harm her so I knew she’d be safe either way. I hated Jacob Mason, who in their right mind steals a dog or better yet cheats twice on their girlfriend.

If you could see what a mess my penthouse was you’d be like damn somebody looked like they had fun last night. It’s been three days since Rosalie had been dognapped. My penthouse looked like I threw a party every day for the past week. Lauren refused to talk to me at my apartment. Emily and Alexis each tried to talk to me and both even offered to help clean my house.

I glanced at my phone to check the time it was 2:35. I groaned got up slowly, the next practice show started at 2pm. My thoughts stopped dead in their tracks. If practice was at 2, I mentally slapped myself and checked my phone once more to make sure I wasn’t just hallucinating. I clicked the unlock button. Sure enough my phone read 2:35. I was screwed. I rushed around throwing clothes around looking for a decent outfit to arrive in. I settle in blue denim shorts and a long sleeved grey shirt and brown sandals.

*************************************************************

“YOU’RE LATE NICOLETTE!”

Lorenzo’s voice boomed and the music immediately died down.

I cringed and pursed my lips. Well I had nothing to lose,

“I’m sorry, there was terrible traffic and then I got chased down by paparazzi vans. Total insanity.”

He squinted his eyes and pinched the bridge of nose and muttered a few words in Spanish. He looked back at me and I smiled innocently. He barked,

“You’re late again and you’re off the runway for good. Go to hair and makeup be out here in twenty minutes!”

I rush over to the nearest open hairdresser and immediately strip down to my bra and underwear.

*******************************************

“Smile larger!”

“Do you have period cramps or what?! Walk with your back straight!!”

“Stop walking so slow!!”

“Penelope, who the hell made you look like a clown?! Back into hair and makeup!!”

“Somebody send Nikki out here already!!”

Lorenzo was heard from even back stage and to be honest no one wanted to get on his bad side today, especially me. He kept yelling and I already had a few strikes on me already. I was practically shoved onstage when he called me out.

I strut perfectly and wasn’t yelled at once. I think I actually saw Lorenzo give me a sly smile but how could I tell. Lights were practically shown in your face and the music is pounding so loud I’m sure a few blondes in the room couldn’t hear themselves think clearly. I huffed out a sigh of relief and went backstage again. I scanned the room and saw that my seat had been taken but it didn’t really bother me because she looked occupied having her entire hair and makeup redone.

I walked over to an empty seat and plop my tired butt down.

“So little miss perfect decided to show up again.”

An all too familiar voice said behind me. I sighed loudly and snapped,

“Look Jesse, I honestly have no interest with conversing with you. Leave me alone I don’t know or care what your problem is with me. You’re just some crazy chick who needs help, go find some and no I’m not offering my services.”

Jesse crossed her arms, smirked evilly at me and said in a low tone,

“You’re funny, I’m guessing no one gave you the memo that I’m you’re understudy when you accidently get hurt.”

She made quotation marks as she said “accidently”.

I simply stated in reply,

“Goodbye Jesse.”

I turned my back to her and she shouted sarcastically while she walking away,

“Nice to have you back Nikki!”

Yes, it was nice to have me back and I was no longer naïve or stupid especially when it came to boys; I’m coming back with a stronger fire and no one should  stand in my way.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***AUTHOR'S NOTE***

Hey y'all!! First chapter of The Show :) for all those accidently reading this, Modeling Crisis is book 1 and The Show is the sequel...anyways I'm uploading the next three chapters by wednesday!!

oh i forget who i said i was dedicating this chapter to :( but thank you and i love you!!

ALSO wattpad is being weird and i can't reply to any of your comments :( but i do read every single one of them and i try to post thank you on your wall sooo comment and vote !! xx

 NEW BOOK !!! It's called The Boarding School Diaries..check it out!!

XOXO

-Bianca