Suicide Prevention Week

Suicide Prevention Week kicks off today, Monday Sept. 10th. It's a time when we can all join together and not only heal, but help others heal!

    I've gone through a hard time in my soul, as you may have previously read, but now I feel the need to give back! Maybe this is you, in that case, start this week and help your friends, strangers ... anyone! Give them a hug, a "I love you" or simply let them know you're listening.

    Maybe you are in that difficult time, when suicide seems like a good option. It isn't. Period. I know, you've probably heard it before, but just because dying seems like an answer now ... doesn't mean it will be the answer next week.

Everyone crawls into that death hole and like you, everyone has the chance to crawl out! All you need is the will, the want, and the knowing that it will get better and no matter how shitty things are right now, something good will happen!

   Many of us need a support system, and maybe you are alone, you have no one near you to speak to and to help you. Let me tell you right now: I'm here. I know, I'm just a stranger, but my name is Gretchen, I'm 16, I've been depressed and when I was 12 I came minutes away from killing myself. I'm better now, happier and I want to listen and I want to help you!

Let's all join together from this week out!

My email: justadream14@gmail.com

National Suicide Hotline:1-800-273-8255 (http://www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org)

Self Harm Hotline: 1-800-334-HELP