Chapter 4

Chapter 4 Skye POV

     That job is... street racing. It’s amazing how much money you get. I can’t say I’m good at street racing, but I needed the money. It was either that or to be a stripper, but I would never... (no offense to anyone) If I lose, I’m dead. If I win I can save myself. I went to the backyard. The backyard is where we meet up to race. I don’t go often, but when I do. I win. This time though, I’ve never been so desperate. I have to win.

     “Hey! Joe, Ima race today!” I said the minute I saw Joe. He was the team leader. I was allowed to race because he knew part of my situation. He knew that I was the one who earned the money in my family. But that’s all he knew. I wasn't planning on telling him more.

     “Oh Skye! That great! The other teams got quite a few people. Let’s crush them!” Joe replied. He was happy to see me. Thank the gods. (A/N I know nth about street racing ‘cept i think u get a lot of money 4 it so don’t blame me if i get my facts wrong)

     He beckoned me to follow him. As we entered a room everyone yelled.

     “Skye! You’re here! We will win for sure now!”

     I guess they aren’t surprised about my surprise visits. We left soon after going to the race. There were a lot of racers, but most only came to watch. The opposing people were all big looking, and quite intimidating. We got ready to race. I waited for the gunshot. BOOM. I stepped on the petals. I love racing, but it’s dangerous. I didn’t bother looking at anyone else. I just watch the road, and myself that’s all.

     I wasn’t sure what place I was in. I did know though, I was almost at the finish line. When I passed the line I realized I was the first one. YES! I got the jackpot. I’ll live to see another day. I was dead serious when I said I get to live to see another day. When everyone else arrived they all gaped at me. Well the people on the other teams I mean. “And she does it again folks” Joe said happily.

     So I went home, my pockets full of money, and got ready to pay the bills that had piled up over the weeks. When I arrived home I realized I wasn’t alone.

     “Do you have the money.” My father growled.

     I nodded my head. All traces of my good mood left.

     “Good.” He said gruffly.

     I didn’t move I just watched him. I was a little scared. What was he going to do to me?

     “Well? Hand it over!” He screamed.

     I fumbled to pull the envelope out. It fell to the ground in my rush, and some money spilled out.

     “You idiot!” He screamed. I flinched not moving hoping that I could get out of this without being hit. I thought to early and he kicked me to the ground.

     “Pick it up.” He said more quietly. He was no longer screaming.

     I wondered what was going on why was he so calm suddenly? It wasn’t till I picked up all the money and looked up did I see Kurt walking up the driveway. It all made sense. He didn’t want Kurt to report him. I forced a smile onto my face as I walked towards the door. The place where my father had kicked hurt so much. I was limping, but only a bit. Only noticeable if you looked closely.

     I opened the door and the bell rang.

     “Oh hi Skye! Are you OK? I thought I heard some ruckus. I took a glance at my father and nodded.

     “We are fine Kurt, thank you for worrying.”

      When we finished our short talk, and I closed the door my dad didn’t look happy at all. I shrank back trying to get smaller. I probably looked stupid, but I wasn’t thinking about that at all. I was more worried about what he would do to me.

     “Why do you look so scared Skye?” He asked me in a fake sweet voice.

     “I’m not.” I said, but my voice shook.

     He laughs. He didn’t say anything back. He just laughed. I think he’s gone crazy, because he keeps laughing. Then he walks towards me and I’m not sure what I should do. Run? Wait? I was still shocked from when he we was laughing. He suddenly jerked forward and pushed me down. I felt my back hit the ground. I grunted in pain, but said no more. I knew there was no way out.

     “At least you got the money.” He mumbled under his breath.

     He slowly walked towards me. I edged backwards.

     “Please... don’t hurt me.” I whispered.

     He looked taken aback, but only for a second. Then the evil glint in his eyes came back.

     “Stupid useless whore. You think that going to work again! Your whining has been messing with my head. Get up!” He screamed.

     When I didn’t move he stepped forward, and pulled me up by my arm. I winced in pain. He was pulling hard. The place on my arm where his hand was pulling was going to bruise. I tried moving away. I tried fighting for the first time in a long time.

     “Let me go! Let me go DAD! STOP IT! I NEED YOU PLEASE. I NEED YOU TO BE THERE FOR ME” I screamed.

     “Bitch SHUT UP!.” He yelled. He showed no mercy. His eyes still had that glint. His face did not soften.

     “I love you please stop. I really love you.”

     His eyes widened.

     “Linda...” He whispered.

     “No DAD I’m not mom I’m Skye, your daughter!”

     “Linda... I need you.” He whispered.

     He caressed my cheek. Then he pulled me forward and kissed me on the lips. I screamed and fought to no avail. He reached for me. I panicked. I kicked and screamed. He didn’t budge. For the first time in my life. I felt truly helpless. That night... I let my father have his way with me. That night he raped me. That night he broke me. He had me believing. I had no point on living. I wasn’t worth anything. This was not something I should be proud of. That night when he was finished with me and he really looked at me he realized I wasn’t my mother. He had just left me there crying. I realized he loved my mother a lot the whole time. He took my virginity. But I realized how broken he was. Maybe I was not the broken one? After these thoughts I let myself fall into darkness.

******************************************

A/n I know this is short i'm working on it trying to make my chapters longer but i have been so busy plz enjoy and read :D