The First Clue

"Who was she? I want to know who she was! Tell me now!"

I was screaming for the first time at my father, and all I wanted was to know the girls name. I wanted to find her and beg her for forgiveness, that is, if she was still alive...

"Never. I didn't do what I did years ago just for you to patch it up. Her family owed me so she paid their debts. Now get out of my face."

He took an attempt at getting up, but he was drunk, so I pushed him back down.

"Tell me, or I swear I'm calling the cops on your drug dealers right now."

That brought him back to consciousness.

"Fine, she lives here in Adelaide as well. She's in her last year at some school for Muslims because her friend goes there. What was it called? Umm, something like Islamic College I think.

"Okay. I need to make a few calls. Bye."

I went to my room and shut the door behind me. I looked up Islamic College but there were heaps. Then it hit me. I should've checked South Australian schools only. I found it instantly. Its initials spelt ICOSA, and it was indeed called the Islamic College of South Australia. I called them straight away. School was going to begin tomorrow, and I needed to enrol there straight away.

"Hello, you've called Islamic College and this is Bronwyn speaking."

She sounded like she was tired.

"Uhh, hi. I was wondering if there was any possible chance of a new student enrolling in year 12 this year."

"Of course, though you are a bit late. You would have to come in with a parent tomorrow and fill out some enrolment forms, and then you would have to choose which subjects you wanted to study."

"That's fine with me. Thank you for your time misses."

"You're welcome. Bye."

Wow. I was in. Even better, I was going to find that girl at last.

Lucy's POV

"Ughh, I told you I hate waking up at this time of the morning."

"Lucy, please stop complaining. You've been doing this ever since we were little kids just like me but you continue to complain so much it's enough for the both of us."

She was laughing and dragging me along as well. I could swear, even if I had been a Christian boy I would've fallen in love with Leila.

"Leila, you know you're real beautiful yeah? Like, I'm totally jealous of you. Whoever walks past you stops and stares!

"Lucyyy! They aren't looking at me only. You're the one with a C-cup, and the nice beautiful blue eyes. So stop talking, were here and you have to be decent."

What did I love most about ICOSA? No one knew who I really was. In their eyes, I was a Muslim girl named Aisha, and I was meant to be from a Turkish family. I had said Turkish because my mother had been obsessed with making me learn a foreign language and at the time, I had chosen Turkish. I was pretty good at it actually, it was easy to read and write because you read it however you wrote it, and wrote it however you read it. You get the point.

"Hey Aisha, how are you this year?"

He was so cute. That was Ahmad from my class. He was Iraqi as well. He had a nice muscular build and was tanned. He had nice dark brown hair and warm chocolate brown eyes. I liked him actually, but only as in, O.M.G., not as in, I'm in love with you.

"Good Ahmad."

I smiled and walked toward the assembly. Every morning, the school would make us do the five daily prayers which were meant to enhance your learning and make your day a good one. I believed it actually worked. I actually liked what I learnt at this school and wearing the scarf or hijab wasn't a real bad thing. It was better than doing your hair every morning.

We were walking through the staff room when I saw him. I couldn't believe he was here at my little piece of heaven where I believed no one knew me.

"Lucy, what's wrong? We're going to be late to class."

"Nothing, I just thought I saw someone I knew. Come on lets go up, I'm sure Mr. Ray wouldn't like us being late on our first day."

I was sure I had just been dreaming... It really couldn't be him.