Meet My Family

Chapter 1

Here I am again, just sitting on this old, rackety, stinky bus, with all these noisy and rude kids, waiting for my bus stop so I can just go home and sleep. I'm so bored out of my brains that I've decided to write about something, and the first thing that comes to my mind is you. Maybe you're on my mind because every time I'm bored, I go to the past, to the things that have broken me into pieces, and you're the only thing that's brought me down, that's put me into this depressive state I can't escape. Then again, I will never be able to forget you, and this is what affects me the most...

Home at last, in my peace of heaven in a place called hell. Sometimes, I seriously don't know where I belong. I'm treated like a slave at home, as if my parents only brought me to this world so I could run around doing their boring chores, while they could sit and laze around irresponsibly. Then, at school, I'm so dumb; I don't think I belong there either. Actually, I'm even failing year 11, and if I have to repeat again, ill just drop out instead. Oh my god! How rude of me, I forgot to introduce myself. My name is Lucy Smith, I'm 17 years old and I literally suck at everything, you'll see what I mean as you continue butting your big nose into my life. Oh by the way, I've lost everything I ever had in such a short term as 8 months. My boyfriend, the child/parent relationship I had with my mum, the respect and belief I had put in my father, all of my friends that I've known since forever, and the will to live.

"Lucy you're not doing your homework again! I swear if you fail this year, I'm just going to send you away to work in India. I swear I am!"

Yeah this is how my parents talk to me, how sweet right? Well time for homework I guess. Hey Qosmio, time to start typing up my oral for my stupid Business Studies oral. Oh, Qosmio is my laptops name. Yeah, I know I'm weird.

"Lucy, Josh isn't letting me go on the laptop, can you tell him something."

Huh? Oh, I fell asleep again.

"Sis, come on. I've got homework I need to do."

"Okay, okay, I'm coming."

Gosh look at the time, it's already 7.30 and I've only done half of my Business oral. Anyway, let me go and sort out this life and death situation between my two younger brothers, Josh and Michael. Even though Michaels 12 and Josh is a year younger, I swear, they could both be 1. They argue and fight all the time and I always have to sort their problems out, because I'm the one who brought them up. Yeah, my parents were never there for us, but I guess that's not really something I will ever be able to change. Anyway, Michael looks like dad so he's dads favourite, and Josh looks like mum so she adores him to death, but me? I look like neither of them, so they all loathe me, my whole family literally doesn't want me.

"Lucy!"

Oh my god! Those two are so annoying. Couldn't I have had a sister instead? Of course not! That would have made me happy and life doesn't want me to smile or laugh unless it's from craziness.

Finally, I've done my Business oral and revised some Maths and Biology questions, and ta-da, it's time for bed. I remember the times when going to bed was somewhat like going to heaven, when it was the time I always looked forward to from the time I woke up. Now, I just loathe it, because every time I close my eyes, I see things, things that really don't exist, that aren't there, but they feel so real, I can't help but be affected by them.

*Sweat running down my neck, oh how much I dislike sweating. Maybe I should just stop running, and then I won't sweat as much, but no! If I stop running, he'll catch me, more like 'it' will catch me. It'll harm me, ruin me forever, and I will never be the same ever again.*

"Do you think she's having a fit? Do you think we should call a doctor?"

*Is that mum I can hear? She's a part of this evil plan as well; she wants to get rid of me as well? She wants to destroy me too? I knew she hated me, but I didn't know she hated me this much. Keep running Lucy, keep running, or else you will never be Lucy again!*

"Lucy, Lucy love, come on wake up. Lucy, wake up!"

SMACK!

"Ouch! What was that for? I know you don't love me, leave loving me, I know you hate me, but smacking me in my sleep? You're awful dad, just awful!"

"Lucy love, it isn't like that, I swear it isn't."

"Just..."

BANG!

"Dad, is there anyone else in the house other than us? Because I'm sure the kids are sleeping, and that noise wasn't from the wind or anything."

"Lucy, love, don't be scared, I'll go check it out now okay?"

"Dad I'm coming too. I know you hate me, but I love you no matter what, even if you did ruin my trust in you, I wouldn't want anything to ever happen to you."

"Okay love, but stay behind me just in case alright?"

I just nodded as he led the way into the living room. It was so dark; it was as if the living room had been painted black, instead of that off-white colour mum just loves. We couldn't hear a noise, it was so silent, the silence was deafening. Dad slowly, quietly, walked towards the light switch and turned on the light and what we saw really did surprise us, it surprised us so, that only after several minutes passed did I realize that my mouth was hanging open.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

yeah, i realise the stories a little bit boring, but bare with it please. it gets exciting after the fifth chapter, which of course hasnt been posted yet. the only reason its full of hatred and negativity is because its based on true events, and well i needed to explain some things. just give the story a chance, and i promise you will like it. x.o.x.o. hilz