Chapter 10

Alyson awoke from yet another bad dream the next morning. Her back and neck ached. She stretched out and looked around she was the first up. That didn't surprise her much. She decided it was late evening time. The thing she did was check on Dylan's cut, someone had thankfully put some clothes on him.

She just as she expected the wound was almost healed and it was slowly turning pink. She changed out the bandage anyway trying not to wake the younger boy. She failed as his eyes fluttered open softly.

"Am I dead?" He asks with such a boyish tone it made Alyson smile softly.

"No, just wounded."

"So, you saved me?" Dylan asks his eyes wide.

"Well, duh."

"I'm sorry about how we first met, Alyson," his lip quivered slightly. Alyson's harsh tone fade quickly. She offered him a hug. He accepted and she rubbed small circles into his back.

"I almost died, didn't I?" Dylan asks.

"I dunno, but I'm glad I was there," Alyson says.

"Me too," He says his voice shaking and tears falling from his eyes. Almost dying is scary after all.

"It's okay now. You're healing quickly. We'll be able to move on when they wake up. Until then you hungry? I picked some fruits and some berries from around here," Alyson says.

"You got any meat?" he asks his voice still soft.

"Nope, it's a bit hard to do so when you have a connection to animals," Alyson says.

"Oh god, you're a vegetarian?" Dylan says.

"God no! I just can't kill animals myself. As hypocritical as it seems."

"Good I was 'bout to go crazy," Dylan says taking an apple from Alyson and crunching on it. She smiles softly.

The two ate in silence until Dylan broke it, "Why did you save me? I was so rude to you with no reason."

"I couldn't very well let you bleed out and become a Skinwalker. Plus you're still young and I know you didn't mean harm when you did all that you were just trying to protect your pack," Alyson says her eyes drifting away from him.

"You know it's weird to see you guys in your human forms. I'm usually only around when you guys go wolf," Alyson says petting the still sleeping Kai.

"It's weird talking to someone who can't become a wolf. I've only had fellow Weres around my whole life," Dylan says.

"No wonder you freaked out when you met me," Alyson says putting the pieces together.

"Are you going to Canada with us once this is over?" Dylan asks perking up.

"I don't think so. I can't justify going with you guys I'd really only be a burden to you guys," Alyson says.

"But aren't you Hayden's-" Dylan started but Luca suddenly appeared and started hugging Dylan fiercely. Alyson felt confused at Dylan's words, Aren't I what to Hayden? Alyson thought. She pushed the thought away and focused on the two brothers.

"Luca stop it! You're embarrassing me!" Dylan says.

"Who cares you almost died! Besides, why would you be embarrassed? We're all family here," Luca says.

"So? it's still embarrassing!" Dylan swats his brother off him. Alyson laughs at the two boys she's decided she like Luca and Dylan, Nate still made her uncomfortable.

"Luca! Catch!" Alyson says tossing an apple at him. He catches it and winks at playfully at her.

After a while, Kai perks up and starts yelping at Alyson.