10

Rosanna arrived at the cafe three minutes after she'd promised. She knew Alex was already there because she had spotted a man squatting by a bush on her walk to the door. The things people will do for a mediocre photo.

  Alex had called her and asked Rosanna to meet up with him because he supposedly had something important to ask her. He sounded serious on the phone which made her nervous.

  Pushing through the door, Rosanna removed her sunglasses and spotted Alex sitting at a table to himself toward the back of the cafe. He was wearing his shades even inside and looked as if he was anticipating her arrival. His face lit up when he spotted her. As she walked over to him, Alex stood up to embrace her.

  "Sorry I'm late," Rosanna apologised. "Traffic was awful."

  Alex chuckled, "don't sweat it love, I've only been here about five minutes."

  They sat down at the two person table Alex had got them and Rosanna grabbed one of the drinks menus from the centre of the table.

  "There's a guy in the bushes over there by the way," Rosanna said casually. "Might be for you. Might be a weirdo."

  Alex shrugged and looked over to where she mentioned. He saw the shape of a man by a shrub and rolled his eyes. Can't go fucking anywhere without my privacy invaded.

  "Did you want to go somewhere else?" Rosanna asked.

  Alex shook his head and looked away from the man. "Can't be arsed."

Rosanna laughed, "Alright. Why'd you want to meet this morning?"

"I have some big news to tell you and something bigger to ask," Alex smirked.

"Go on," Rosanna said and waited eagerly.

"Yesterday the guys and I had a meeting with a company called Frontier Touring," Alex said casually. His smile widened when he saw Rosanna perk up. "And it looks like we're going back on tour."

A beaming smile formed on Rosanna's face and she leapt over that table to hug him. "Are you serious?" Rosanna squealed.

Alex chuckled and hugged her back. "Very. We kick off in North America the fifth of next month."

"Oh my god," Rosanna smiled and sat back in her seat. "I'm so fucking happy for you guys! Where are you going?"

"Well we start in North America, hit Europe, then we go to Australia and New Zealand then finally to South America," Alex said.

"Fuck that's so exciting!" Rosanna exclaimed.

"And one more thing," Alex said and sat up. "Each of us 'band members' get to bring along one other person for the entire tour, flights and accomodation covered."

He looked at Rosanna who looked like a child about to be given their favourite birthday present.

"Would you like to be my plus one?" Alex smiled.

"Are you sure?" Rosanna stuttered.

Alex smiled and nodded his head, "who else would I take."

Rosanna's face lit up and she hugged him again. "Yes! I'd love to! Holy shit."

Alex just laughed and hugged her back; beginning to pray that he would be able to contain his feelings long enough to survive the entire tour.

———

The day to fly off to North America came faster than any date in history. Alex had called Rosanna that morning telling her he'd pick her up at around eight and from there they would drive to another location where they'd be picked up by secure cars that would take them to the airport.