Thunder

The Storm

"And now I'm itching for the tall grass and longing for the breeze,  I need to step outside just to see if I can breathe. I gotta find a way out, maybe there's a way out." - Boys Like Girls

🌊 ⛰ 🔥 🌪

It all started so pleasantly, Aang flying happily on Appa. Sokka floated beside him to the left on the airbenders glider, Katara riding on a now-massive Momo to the right and Aelita hovered just below on an equally massive Mushu who drifted through the sky like it was natural. Everyone was laughing and smiling, all just happy to be together.

"We need you Aang." Katara's voice rang in the distance.

"I need you too." The Avatar assured her. Then he was wide-eyed when he saw the massive storm brewing in front of him. "Be careful guys!" He warned but his friends were gone. Instead, Monk Gyatso floated in front of him.

"Why did you disappear?" Asked the older man.

"I didn't mean to." Aang pleaded. When he reached out the man before him crumbled to dust in the wind.

"We need you Aang." Called Gyatso's voice as Aang and Appa flew directly into the heart of the storm. Within moments Aang lost control and he and Appa went crashing into the ocean below.

"We need you Aang, we need you." Chorused the voices of all of his friends at once but still, they were nowhere to be found. Aang and Appa flailed and thrashed through the waters, desperate to save themselves and find their loved ones. The Avatar searched with all his might for a friendly face but as he sank beneath the ways he was met with the silhouette of the Fire Lord.

🌊 ⛰ 🔥 🌪

The sight of the monster before him was enough to wake Aang with a cry. His shouting startled Momo, who jumped across a previously sleeping Katara, Sokka, Aelita, Mushu, and Appa. The group had only stopped to make camp for the night a few hours ago, the moon still high in the sky. In his tired haze, Sokka pulled both his club and boomerang from his belongings as he sat up.

"What's going on?" He asked with a small yawn. "Did we get captured again?"

"It's nothing." Aang tried to assure as he laid back down, his back now facing the others. "I just had a bad dream. Go back to sleep."

"You don't have to tell me twice." Sokka declared as he slumped back over. Katara and Aelita were more concerned and not as easily persuaded.

"Are you alright Aang?" Questioned the waterbender as she sat upright.

"I'm okay." He said but he sounded less than convincing.

"You seem to be having a lot of nightmares lately," said Aelita who was now leaning against Appa. "You wanna tell us about it?"

"I'll be fine, I just need some rest." Aang's back was still turned on the others. If he faced them they'd know.

"You guys wanna hear about my dream?" Sokka asked as he popped back up. No one answered. Well alright then. "That's okay, I didn't wanna talk about it anyway."

Seeing as the monk made up his mind on not talking about it further the four eventually fell back asleep until the sun rose the next morning. They made their usual work of repacking and breaking down camp. Aang was seated happily on his still yawning bison's head, admiring the weather. It was a far cry from the storm in his dream and he was happy about it.