Chapter 1

PART ONECHAPTER 1

"And then he whipped his dick out, right there in the hallway! I went to give him a handshake, and he wanted a shake of a completely different nature!"

My best friend in the world, Ricky Ambrose, was doubled over with laughter. I tried not to notice his broad shoulders and muscular back.

"Stop laughing at me!" I tossed a magazine at his classically handsome head which he caught with ease.

"Why were you dating such a tosser in the first place, Rach?" his green eyes sparkled with mischief.

"Because I have a secret wish to become the one woman in the world that never ever finds love," my response was deadpan.

"You are doing a bang-up job of it!"

"Shut it," I retorted, "Let me guess, you picked up a bimbo at the club, and she was gone by morning. Her name was Tracy or Tiffany, and she smelled like sex and cheap perfume."

His grin widened, "I think her name was Stacy, but it could have been Wendy."

Ricky never had a problem with bringing someone home. He walked into a room, and all the ladies voluntarily removed their panties.

The best part was that in high school he had been a bit of a nerd. That's how we became best friends. We were captains of the math club. Now he is a prominent CEO with a six-pack, and I am math teacher with a mortgage.

"Come on, Rach, you just need to meet the right guy," his eyes softened as they took in my features.

I knew what he could see. Shoulder length straight brown hair with matching brown eyes. I wore glasses the majority of the time and dressed in conservative clothing. I wasn't much to look at, but I did have nice breasts.

"The right guy is already married and has started a family. Shit, Ricky, we are twenty-eight."

His eyes widened in horror, "Not twenty-eight, anything but that! I can feel dementia coming on as we speak!"

"Hardy-har-har, Funny Man," I stuck my tongue out at him.

Ricky was laying on my queen-sized bed looking like a sex god, with his arms behind his head and his legs crossed like he hadn't a care in the world.

Suddenly I felt hot and uncomfortable in my little black dress from my date. Standing from the desk chair, I went over to the bed, turning my back to Ricky and lifting my hair.

"Unzip me, please."

For a brief moment he hesitated, and I looked over my shoulder at him.

His face had taken a severe expression, but he leaned forward and grabbed the zipper pulling it down slowly.

I felt the rasp of his knuckles against my bare back, and I shivered.

"Fuck, Rach, no bra?" his voice sounded strangled.

I turned to him holding the material over my breasts. We were best friends, and often changed in front of one another, but not all the way down to the skin.

"I can't wear one with this dress, and it has a shelf liner anyway," I explained walking over to my dresser and looking for something comfortable.

I pulled out one of my marathon tank tops and carefully pulled it over my head. For a moment I thought I had it all covered until I felt my dress slip. Grasping at the material I put my head through the armhole.

I was completely tangled up, and my dress was resting around my ankles. Could the humiliation of this night get any worse?

Ricky jumped up from the bed, "Stop," he commanded, "You are going to strangle yourself."

His hands gently lifted my tank top, and then he pulled it over my head correctly.

I quickly slipped my arms into the correct places.

"I am sorry about that, Ricky," blushing I stared at his chest, not wanting to meet his eyes.

He was standing rather close to me and hadn't moved yet.

I felt his finger under my chin.

"Rachelle, look at me," his words were dark and firm.