Billionaire Baby Deal

Prologue

I sat nervously in the posh waiting lounge, staring at the pastel art against the white walls, setting the art off to its full potential. The furniture in the room was awash in blazing white - down to the carpet, which I hardly dared walk on incase I left small dirt tracks in its wake. 

I suppose it did set of the splashes of colour in the art work...

"Señor Mendez will see you now, Miss Knight." The stunning secretary with the longest legs I'd ever seen called over to me, batting her long fake lashes sweetly. 

I couldn't help but notice the almost fake sweetness she was portraying. Under everything, I'd bet my very last dollar this was the kind of woman that had small pirana's swimming through her body, hatching everyone's downfall around her. 

Of couse, nothing but the best and most beautiful for "Señor Mendez" I thought. You didn't get anywhere in this world being nice, least of all working for Diego Mendez. 

The king of all pirana's. He scented weakness a hundred mile off, and was quick to attack and devour.

"Thank you." I smiled back warmly, standing up. 

Before entering his office, I found myself smoothing back my light golden blonde hair that was tied back into a high ponytail, the swept side fringe tickling at my eyelashes, and acting as a protective cover when I shyed away from blunt stares. My fingers shook violently as my palm closed over the latch on the door. Taking a deep breath, I forced my body into gear and entered the office. 

Tall, proud, single, and confident, I whispered to myself for motivation.

The office I stepped into screamed wealth and taste. From the expensive art on the walls, to the sweet fragrance tingling my nose.  

I'm not tall, I contradicted myself. I'm not proud, far from it! And I'm over one thousand percent sure I'm the furthest person away from confident. 

Those big words I forced to motervate me drained out of me the moment I crossed the threshold.

My eyes roamed and fixed on the expensive black desk right in front of me that dominated the room, but more importantly, my wide crystal blue eyes locked with the hard steel grey eyes of the man sitting behind the desk.

Diego Mendez.

The most beautiful man I'd ever laid eyes on. The most ruthless shark in all of the business branches he chose to invest in. And not only was he Spain's most notorious playboy, he was also New York's. 

Fact!

Diego Mendez was, in fact, much like a shark rather than a piranah. He liked to stalk his prey. If he wanted something, he got it. God help anyone who didn't give in to him straight away. And if you dared to... be prepared to hang on to your very last cent because this man will demolish anything you owned until you signed away your soul to him.

He was a predator.

He made me burn with need every time I laid eyes on him. Every time he looked at me, I felt like a baby gazelle being stalked by a lion deciding whether he was hungry or not. 

He had a stare that made you either want to bolt, or if you had the balls to, run away.

And of course, this was him when he was harmonious... or in a rare good mood. God help anyone who crossed this heartless man's path when he was frenzied.

"Ah, Buenos días, Alley." His dark, sexy voice vibrated through me like a cold caress. My body instantly hummed with sexual arousal. Oh, how he knew his spanish always made me weak at the knees.