Billionaire Baby Deal - Chapter 8

Chapter 8

The next day, Diego kept his suprise a suspence. After getting in the car on a particular hot carribean morning, I found myself sitting with a blind-fold on and a smile plastered on my face.

Last night Diego had fallen asleep before me, his hard mouth relaxed and I found myself wondering what genes our babies would take from us. Diego was unequally the most handsome man I'd ever met and I hoped that my children would take on his good genes along with his sun-kissed skin.

That morning I woke cheerily and dressed in a plain white soft cotton sundress. After arriving upstairs for breakfast, I actually found Diego looking casual in a pair of shorts and buttoned shirt, sipping coffee at the breakfast bar whilst Breonia tossed pancakes.

In all my time of knowing Diego, I'd never seen him so casually dressed... Or in a good mood for that matter.

He greeted me with a kiss on the cheek and a smile on his face. He centered his attention exclusively around me and I attempted to weedle my surprise from him.

As the car came to a stop, I felt a soft kiss touch my cheek as he whispered, "We're here."

Diego helped me from the car, his arm pinned to my waist, his protective hand spread over my small swell. Immediately I could hear the sound of gushing water, birds singing an exotic tune around me, and the rush of the waves in the near distance.

"Are you ready, Gatito?" Diego whispered in my ear, his breath tickling my ear as I inhaled his divine aftershave.

"Yes!" I enthused, grinning with eagarness to see my surprise.

The blindfold came away and as my eyes adjusted to the bright morning, I began to take in my surroundings.

Directly infront of me stood a gaping stone fountain with a dolphin leaping over a golden letter "M".

Instantly, I knew this was the famous aquarium Diego held on the island, home to stunning marine species that the rich and famous came to see.

It was a known fact that in another resort Diego owned, his zoo was second to none in their successful panda breeding center and it was rumoured that in that zoo, Diego had recently signed to take on a programme of critically endangered animals to attempt to breed and release in the wild.

Before re-encountering Diego, I had followed the rumours on the internet and it was the only thing that I couldn't bring myself to hate him more for.

I loved animals.

As I took in the tropical surroundings, Diego took my hand in his own calloused ones and kissed the back of my hand, centering my attention on his.

"I remember how you once told me of your love of animals and thought this place might be well suited for today. All areas are yours to explore today."

It was whispered here that Diego held the longest surviving Great White shark in captivity. A known fact that these animals did not survive long.

I smiled warmly at him. I couldn't wait to see the conservation work they were doing here with marine animals. "Thank you."

A young gentleman with deep mocha skin and warm brown eyes shook hands with Diego and introduced himself as Keon, our guide for the day. He congratulated us on our happy news as he began to take us into the park.

By now everyone on Isle Lujo knew that I was expecting Diego's triplets. All except Diego's mother as he felt that with the pregnancy being so risky he wanted to make it to a safer point for premature babies before his mother knew. I understood his decison. If it weren't for Diego's mother being termally sick, these triplets wouldn't be in my womb. And with his dying mothers dream of seeing her grandchild before she left this world, Diego must want to make absolutley certain before telling her.