Me, Myself, and My Five Other Twins [5]

I throw open the door to the French rooms and exhale a sigh of relief. The test I forgot about wasn’t as bad as I was thinking it was going to be. I hear William come up behind me as I weave into the hallway traffic. “Well,” I say to him, “I’m sure you aced that test.”

He shrugs, blushing a little. I bite back a laugh. He’s so awkward it’s cute. “What class do you have next?” I ask him.

He pulls a paper from his binder and hands it to me. I glance over it and see that we have gym together next, then lunch, and then he has a science class while I have art. After that we both have a technology course, along with Frankie. I give him back his schedule. “We have the next class, lunch, and the last class of the day together. Oh, and in seventh, you have Arles in your class.”

“Thanks,” he says, “So…um, what’s your…favorite color?”

I can’t hide the amused grin. “Are we playing twenty questions?”

“Um, yes?”

I laugh and link my arm through his. He’s just too cute! “Well, my favorite color is purple, if the hair wasn’t obvious. Yours?”

“Brown.”

“Boring.”

“Brown is not boring!” he frowns, “Brown is a good color.”

“We’ll agree to disagree. What’s your favorite food?”

“Caviar.” His eyes glaze over a bit and I’m sure he’s imagining himself eating some right now. But, fish eggs is just gross. “What’s yours?” He asks.

“Hmm,” I think, “A tie between pasta and fried chicken.”

“I’ve never had fried chicken before.”

I gasp and turn to him in horror. “You’ve never had fried chicken? How have you lived this long without having fried chicken?”

“Well, my parents are very strict about the kinds of foods served in my house. Fried chicken wasn’t allowed.”

I just shake my head. “I’m going to have to change that. I am telling my mother to make you fried chicken.”

“I don’t want to trouble your mother…”

“Oh, please, she would love to,” I guide him towards the door to the men’s locker room. “She loves cooking and especially loves cooking for guests. Nothing would make her happier. Now, go change for gym!” I push him through the doors with a laugh before moving down the hall to the girl’s locker room.

I head to my locker and spin in the combination. I couldn’t help but overhear a conversation by lockers on the other side of mine.

“Did you see the new guy, Nat?”

“Of course I did. And he is just gorgeous. And I heard his parents are Marcus and Joanne McCarthy.”

“McCarthy? As in the CEO of Mediline?”

“Yeah!”

Mediline? Interesting. I’ll have to research that. Must be a successful company if it’s causing an uproar with Natalie and Miranda, two of the most shallow girls in the school.

I quickly change and head out to the gym to meet up with the rest of the class. I see Riah standing off by himself, completely zoned out and can’t help but to sprint to him and jump on his back. He groans as we crash to the ground. “What’s your problem? Get off of me, you fatty!”

“Don’t call me fat!” I pinch his side. He hisses in pain and rolls me over. Licking his finger, he tries to give me a wet willy.

“Ew, ew, ew! Get away from me!” I bolt to my feet and run towards a familiar copper head. “William! Save me!” I dart behind him.

William looks confused at first but then sees Riah charging at us. He sends me a smile before calmly reaching out, grabbing Riah, and flipping him towards the ground. Riah just sort of lays there for a second. “What just happened?”

I laugh. “New guy kicked your ass, that’s what happened!” I pat William on the shoulder. “Good work.”

He grins. “Thanks.” He opens his mouth to say something, but I don’t hear him as the gym teacher blows his whistle.

“Guess what, class? Today we are playing soccer! All of you, outside!”

I grin and bounce on my feet. I love soccer.