Me, Myself, and My Five Other Twins [3] (Picture of C)

"Detri, hurry!" Riah's hushed whisper urges me.

"I'm trying!"

We are in chemistry right now. We're supposed to dip popsicle sticks in different solutions and then burn them and observe the flame the chemicals create. Problem is, our bunsen burner sucks along with our lighter. I grab the lighter after adjusting the gas hose and squeeze the handles together, causing the metal piece on the end to scratch against the little bowl like appendage. It sounds like nails on a chalkboard and hurts my ears.

"C'mon, c'mon, c'mon! We're so behind everyone else!" I whine, squeezing harder. A few tiny sparks fly out and I shove it into the gas stream.

Riah screams as the burner explodes into flames, sprouting red-purple flames a foot in the air along with producing sparks and tossing flames out the bottom. I toss the lighter away from me, clutching my hand.

"Ahhh, it got me!"

The teacher runs over, quickly cutting off the gas. The flames instantly disappear, but he then has to pat out all the popsicle sticks near our station that caught on fire.

"Detriphy, Zachariah, care to explain?"

"It wasn't our fault!" we squeal at the same time.

Mr. Adrasak raises an eyebrow at us. "Office, now."

I fight off a phrase of curse words as I follow Riah out the door. The minute we're out of sight, I explode. "That ass! How can he send us to the office?! It's the burner's fault, not ours!"

"I told you he hates us, but no, you wouldn't believe me," Riah grumbles.

"I've never had a teacher hate me...they always love me," I frown.

Riah sighs, then grabs my wrist, "Oh, wait, didn't you burn yourself?"

"A little," I twist my wrist away.

"You should go to the nurse."

"I hate the nurse. She takes my temperature every time I go there, even if I just need a band-aid."

"Just go." Riah shoves me down the hallway in the direction of the nurse.

I glare at him, but he doesn't leave until I've walked into the nurse's office. I immediately notice C sitting in a chair next to a douche in my grade name Miles. "C, what the hell happened to your lip?"

He looks up at me, licking said busted lip. "It's his fault."

"Was not, you-"

"Boys!" The nurse's shrill voice calls from her office.

Miles throws C a snarling look. C returns it with an inappropriate gesture.

"You know mom's going to kill you. What ever happened?" It's obvious he was in a fight.

"He called me carrot top," C glares at Miles.

"What? That's it? In case you haven't noticed, your hair is bright orange."

"Doesn't mean I like being called a carrot top."

"C, you're an idiot."

"Miss, can I help you?" The nurse peeps her head around the corner, but then gapes at me, "Good heavens, child, what happened to your hair?"

Radiation poisoning.

"I felt like I needed a change. Can you look at my hand?"

C peers over at my wrist. "What happened?"

"Chemistry. Riah."

"Yeah, that sounds like trouble."

The nurse beckons me in and I sit in the chair next to her desk. She takes out a thermometer. "Let me just check your temperature real quick."

Eff youuuuu.

I grimace as she sticks the thing under my tongue. A few seconds later she pulls it out. "Looks fine."

Of course it does. Where the hell did you get your nursing degree? Mars?

"Can you please just look at my hand?" I ask, irritated.

She grips my wrist and turns it over and around. "You just have some small burns. I'll put some cream and bandages on them."

She rolls her chair over to a counter, grabs a few things, rolls back, and fixes me up. I leave as quickly as I can, kicking C as I pass because he's a moron who fights over stupid things.

I walk out of the room to see Riah waiting for me in the hallway. "What did the principle say?" I ask him.

"One hour detention for each of us."

"Whaaat?" I groan, "I can't go to detention, I have to work."

"Well, too bad, because I'm not going by myself."

I curse under my breath. "I can probably do my work from my laptop. It's not as efficient as my desktop though."

The bell rings, signaling the end of class. The halls swarm with students, surrounding us. "What do you have to do?" Riah asks.

"Some stupid software company messed up. They are the worst. They think they're so damn smart."

"So do you," he nudges me.

"Well, at least I have the credentials to back it up."

It's true. As strange and unbelievable as it sounds, I'm a certified genius. Big whoop. I actually really hate it because everyone expects me to be perfect. People also can't understand why I bother to go through high school. Well, I want the experience.

"Hey, Deedee, you left this in chemistry," Bernie appears with my binders and notebooks.

"Thanks. Have you seen Frankie around? He has my homework for the next class."

"Nah, I think he's showing a new student around. I also heard he's hot. And rich," she waggles her eyebrows up and down.

I grimace. "Gross, Bernie. Besides, I thought you were done with dating for a while?"

She shrugs, flipping her yellow hair over her shoulder. "Doesn't mean I can't fish around."

I roll my eyes. "Whatever, Bernie. I have to go find Frankie."

I leave her with Riah and head towards History, which I have with Frankie. It's also the class that my missing homework is due in. I wait next to the door, standing on my toes to try to see him. It shouldn't be hard since his hair sticks out.

I spot him walking with a boy I don't recognize. He's tall and slender, but not girly, like Frankie's thin frame. His hair is the color of a copper penny and curls a little at the ends around his ears, flopping into his eyes.

"Frankie!" I bellow, "Give me my damn homework!"

The strange boy looks up, startled, as Frankie yells back, "Wait a second, would you?"

I huff and cross my arms, tapping my foot impatiently as he says something to copperhead and reaches into his binders. He pulls out what I'm assuming is my homework and walks over to me, shoving it at me. "Here, impatient one."

"Did you damage it in anyway?" I flip through the packet.

"No. Your OCD is annoying."

"Your face is annoying."

"Well then, so is yours since we're twins."

I stick my tongue out at him and walk into History.

~*~

I have absolutely no idea where this story is going. I honestly wrote it on a whim, not expecting it to be liked so much, so I'm not exactly sure what's going to happen. Any ideas? I briefly though of turning it into a werewolf thing, but I'm thinking maybe not.