Seeing Eye to Aye

As a general rule, Gideon didn't go to the Camp Healer because her kind tended to be anathema to many of the benevolent Portentums. For some reason having a genetic history of being ruthless, volatile mass murderers with a penchant for chaos tended to land Furies in the category of 'not my favourite kind of people' when it came to Healers, and lots of them felt that treating a Fury was akin to condeming others to die horribly so it was the best fullfillment of their ilk to let Furies die of their wounds; albeit after helping ease their pain if possible. In counter balance to that, there were a few Healers types that were fascinated with the Furies for their conundrum they posed; how could a creature who's blood carries maddness and death be Healed, and how exactly does a biomagically engineered species live in the first place?

Gideon was dealing with neither of those outliers with the Camp Healer though, instead she was pretty much just another body with an injury to Tenu. Tenu was a Pain Eater which a subspecies of the Incubi and Succubi; instead of feeding on sexual energy they gained sustenance from pain, and as such was oddly enough a very good Healer after some serious training.

Virgil helped Gideon shuffle into the Healer's quarters and Tenu took one look at the Fury's ravaged face before any and all emotions disappeared and Gideon was given the perfect blank face all Healers learn to adopt when things look bad. "So apparently a Hell Cat ripped my face apart. Think I'll ever be pretty again?" Gideon tried to make light of the injury, using lame humour as a cover for the fact that it really was starting to hurt now, and all of her instincts were screaming at her to lash out in defence.

"I need to determine the extent of the damage and try to tap into your body's natural resevoir before I can make any guesses. This would be a lot easier if I'd gotten more chances to work with your energy signature before this though Fury Gideon." Tenu's tone was slightly scolding and Gideon just shrugged. She hated to see any Healer, let alone this Healer though Tenu was at least not calling her an abomination like some of them would.

"Healer Tenu, I need to have a quick word in private before you start." Virgil got the Healer's attention and Gideon tried to raise an eyebrow but that just really hurt. Tenu called Protentums by their type and hten their name, an odd quirk that allowed the Healer to avoid using gendered pronouns, and Tenu insisted upon the same respect in return. It just surprised Gideon to see someone else actually remember that though, as lots of people tried to apply a label to the Healer beyond Tenu's job description.

The moment Virgil and Tenu stepped outside to talk in private, Gideon was on her feet and using every trick in her book to try and listen in through the wall. Sadly, the Healer's Hall was sound proofed and Gideon was just too damn tired to try and mess with it just so she could eavedrop. With no one else around to hold up appearances for, the Fury could let her body sag with the exhaustion she felt pumping through her body, the searing pain across her face matched to the burning pain in her bitten shoulder and the lingering agony of her burned forearms. Even her zap felt like it wanted to curl up and take a nap, and Gideon never really let her guard down even when injured so it was a strange sensation indeed.

I think it's not me that is that in need of rest, I think it's the Hell Cat I now have a soul claim to. Gideon reminded herself, unsure on even how to start to figure that plot twist in her life out. The last thing she'd ever wanted was to have something to be that responsible for, it was even worse than getting pregnant; eventually a squealing baby grows up and moves out, but a soul bound creature is hers for life. Though with the way Camp has been going lately, it wouldn't be a very long life afterall.

Gideon was so tuned inwards and lost in thought that she never even noticed the creeping smell of sleeping gas filling the room. She was injured, confused, on edge enough that she really should have been paranoid and yet, Gideon had trusted Virgil enough not to suspect that he was devious enough to let this be done to her. But it was too late for the Fury to fight it because the moment she realized she was being drugged into unconsciousness, the gas had already filled the room and she went out like a light.