Chapter Five - Escape

Angelica, I can not stay here any longer...I want to go find my family!!” Azalea insisted

 “What do we do now? How do we ever get out of here?” She grabbed Angelica’s arm. Angelica looked down at her little charge and smiled.

“I’m working on it little one. I’ve been in contact with some of my brothers and sisters, I have to keep it secret because there are many dark ones around..”

“Really? Right around us?” Azalea again was intrigued but frightened at the same time.

How were they going to be safe from such powerful Dark Angels? Angelica sensed her fear and hugged her.

“Don’t worry Nina (little girl) we are just as powerful as the Dark Ones, and you are undetected, they still haven’t figured it out. We have time to prepare for your release. I do however have one favor to ask of you right now.” She sat Azalea back down on the bed.

“I will need for you to remain calm, do not mention what you have learned and stay here for a few more weeks…”

“What!” Azalea jumped up from the bed. “Longer!! No way! Ya estoy cansada!” (I’m tired!)  She threw her hands up in the air.

“I know Azalea, but our plans have to be fail proof and keeping you here is the only way to keep you hidden. You’ve never known about any of this until now, you most certainly can wait a couple of more weeks to reunite with the rest of your family. I know it’s much for you to understand right now, but we need to protect you. Please, trust me, I will get you out of here soon, but I need you to be patient.”

She held onto both sides of Azalea’s arms and she was now kneeling in front of her to look her in the eye.

“Confia en mi” (Trust in Me), Angelica’s eyes pleaded with Azalea’s. Azalea looked back at her uncertainly but shrugged her shoulders and sighed a big sigh.

“Okay Angelica, I will wait on you, but I have one favor to ask of you..”

 “Anything my little Angel” she smiled.

 “Okay, well, when I leave, I want to take Drew with me, he’s my brother, I can’ t leave him behind..”

Angelica frowned slightly.

“Azalea, he is safer here, he is human, we can only protect him in this world, not in the supernatural.”

Azalea took a firm stance and insisted. “It doesn’t matter, I can’t leave him behind, he’s the only family I have.” Angelica’s smile returned.

 “Very well, we will see what we can do. However, until we are ready to depart, you must not mention any of this to him. No puedes..”( you can’t). Azalea smiled again.

“Deal! So, what now?” Angelica stood back up and Azalea looked up at her expectedly. Angelica paced the room. “Well…Mi Angelita (my little Angel), I need to speak to my brothers and sisters. I must leave right away. I’ll tell the head mistress that I received word of my mother and I need to leave for awhile. In the meantime, you must stay put Azalea, you need to stay safe.”

She held Azalea at arms length. Remember, stay safe and keep quiet.” She hugged Azalea tight. “Now, go back to your room, I won’t be here in the morning..I’ll get back as soon as I can”

Azalea wished there was more she could do. She was already planning her great escape! She so wanted to tell Drew! She didn’t know how she would keep it all in. She walked back to her room more at peace than she had ever been.

She quietly slipped into her dorm and back into her bed, the only noise she could hear was Beatrice’s loud snoring. She smiled to herself, soon she would be leaving this awful place and back into her families arms!