Chapter Four - Angels

Don’t be afraid Azalea, as I said, there is much to explain.” She glided towards Azalea, she was no longer walking on the floor. Azalea became more alarmed.

 “What’s going on Angelica!” She raced towards the door. Angelica stopped her.

“Azalea, do not be afraid. Please, let me explain. I have a story for you, about your life and who you are and where you come from.” Angelica’s glow had intensified and it was hard for Azalea to look at her.  Oddly enough her fear slipped away.

“Porfavor (please), let me explain, it is now important that you know, your destiny depends on it.” Angelica said gently.

“My destiny?” Azalea questioned again, the curiosity was building inside. “What do you mean my destiny?” 

Angelica reached for Azalea’s hand. She smiled that sweet smile that always made Azalea feel safe. “ I hope that after tonight, you will forgive me for not acting sooner, but I just didn’t feel it was the right time…” Angelica turned towards the window again.

“What do you mean forgive you Angelica..you’ve done nothing!” Azalea didn’t quite know what to do. She sat on the bed and stared in confusion at Angelica.

“Child it’s just that…” Angelica trailed off. “Hay como te explico..” (How do I tell you?) “Angelica, tell me what?” Azalea again asking with so much force she scared herself. This made Angelica snap, she turned back towards the girl and sat beside her on the bed. “ Okay ‘pequena’(little one) hold on, this one I think you did not see coming..” She stood up and sat back down in the rickety chair.

 “Aamin and Azael, these are the sons of The High Light. They are our father’s chosen ones, they are your ancestors.” Angelica searched Azalea’s face for uncertainty, she continued.

 “Azael, however decided that he was not be treated the same as Aamin and rebelled against our father…”

 “Angelica, what do you mean your father? What is the High Light?” Azalea asked again not understanding any of the story.

 “Let me go on child, you will understand…” She looked out the window as if searching for a far away land.

“Azael said our father favored Aamin. It wasn’t so, Azael was just stubborn and chose to do things his own way instead of following our values and upbringing. You see Azael was never satisfied with just believing what is so is so…Burro (stubborn mule).  He wanted to test the boundaries and upset our father.”

Again Angelica stopped and stared off far away. “Aamin was a gentle soul and loving and kind and always willing to do the right thing and follow all of the rules. He never wanted to disappoint father….Everyone loved Aamin, but he allowed for us to be close to him, he never thought he was better than the rest of us..”

“The rest of you?” Azalea asked confused. “Angelica I still don’t understand. I have family?” Azalea was now standing next to Angelica with her hand on Angelica’s shoulder. It brought her out of her trance.

 “I’m sorry little one. Entonces, si tienes familia?(you do have family)a very special one, one that affects our whole world!” Angelica grabbed Azalea’s hand. “Then Angelica..” Azalea started.

“Why am I here?” Her sad eyes looked up at Angelica and Angelica instantly felt guilty. She smiled down at her. “I’m sorry Azalea, but here was the best place to protect you.”

“Protect me? From what?”

 “I’m sorry querida (loved one). Let me continue on with the story. Aamin and Azael are the firstborn sons of the High Light, our father. Aamin was the oldest of the twin brothers and therefore given a birth right to help father guard over all of his children. Azael was jealous of that and refused to be loving and kind towards father’s children.