Chapter 27 Hidden Past

James pov

After setting the record straight with Jannah, I left her family house heading back to our mansion.

I couldn't speak to my mother directly After the incident, because I couldn't even remember what had exactly happened, and how I ended up sleeping on the same bed with that chick.

After Jannah left the mansion, My mother even tried to convience me that I did sleep with that girl, but shortly after, everything came back to me, my talk with my mum, lunch, and passing out, everything.
I knew that It wasn't my fault, I was sure of it.

Now, that I fixed things with Jannah, I needed to have a word with my mother, she needed to understand that if she continue acting against us, she is going to lose me.

I arrived at our mansion and my mother wasn't there, she was at the spa with her friends, so I made some calls with Matt to make sure that everything was going good at the enterprises, and waited for her to arrive.

About an hour later, the butler Informed me that she had arrived.
I asked him to tell her that I wanted to speak to her immediately.

A few minutes later, we were sitting in our living room, speaking.

" Welcome home mother " I said.

" Happy to see me son?? " she said.

" Sure.... I just returned from Jannah's house... We got back to Each other, it was a small misunderstanding " I explained.

" We will see about that!! " she said.

" Mother, hear my words clearly, If I lose that girl I lose myself, plain and simple, so if you keep on acting like this, I'm not saying that I'll be a bad son to you, I can't because I'm muslim, and in Islam being good to your parents is second to worshiping Allah, so I can't, but I will never forgive you mother, I will never " I made myself clear.

" And I will never forgive you if you do " she said, threatening.

" Why mother??? Why are you making this very difficult??? You were the reason it didn't work out the first time!!! Why Again??? " I asked.

" Because..... Because I know better.." she said in confusion.

" You know better??? That's why!!! Mother, I'm a fully grown man who can make decisions for himself!!! Did you forget that father left me his CEO chair when I was only 25!!! " I said.

" You don't understand Love James.. It is not what you think.. It is not the only thing that makes marriage work, we were in love when we first married, me and your father, you witnessed with your own eyes how bad our relationship was in the last years of your father's life " she said.

" Maybe you didn't know love mum, that's why it didn't work between you and father " I said.

" James stop being stubborn, Jannah is going only to hurt you, she is from a different culture, a different social status, a different background, son you are a celebrity, your face is all over the media, when she will go out with you, she will only bring you disgrace with that towel on her head " She said.

" Disgrace!!! Because she wears a hijab on her head!!! " I exclaimed.

" And the chair holders!! How will they react!!! Will they trust a Muslim CEO with their money??? The shares will drop massively at the stock market " mum said.

" So Again It's all about the money!!!! Get out of your vicious circle!! Not all people are islamophobes like yourself mum, and don't worry they already know that I've converted long ago " I said.

" Son, I'm speaking of experience, I'm older and I know better, just listen to me, Let that girl Go, and I'll give you all I own, my share at the enterprises, the malibu house, everything son, everything, I promise" mum begged me.

" No..... Mum you don't seem to get it!! I love her, she loves me, she is my home, I want her to be my rock to help me through the storms inside my head, I've had enough of this, I've battled my demons on my own but I don't think I'll be able to do it on my own anymore, this life is so exhausting , and I can't...I Can't go on in life without her " I explained.

" That girl seems to have you wrapped around her finger...but when you marry her you will discover her ugly truth " Mother said.

" What???? What are speaking about??? Why do you even hate her so much??? You don't know her on a personal level!!!!" I said.

" Yes, but I knew...... Her family long before you knew her " mum said.

" What do you mean??? You never told me about this before??? How could you hide something this important from me mum??? " I asked.

" Yes... I knew her family, they are a bunch of suckups, you don't know them, I knew them, they tried to get to our money but they couldn't, so who knows?? Maybe they recruited the girl to do so for them!! " Mum said.

" What are you even speaking about??? You are making things up!!! " I shouted at her.

" No.. This is the ugly truth " mother said happily as she thought that she implanted the seeds of doubt in my heart.

" Mum.... You are lying... You can't even tell me the whole story, how am I supposed to believe you??? " I said.

" You are not supposed to know the whole story??? Some secrets should stay buried in the past " Mother said.

" Secrets!!! What secrets???... No.. No.. This is not true.. I'm not listening to you " I said.

" Son... You have to believe me... She is a fraud " mum said.

" Mum.. You are not allowed to call the woman I'm marrying a fraud.. This is my final word " I said leaving her alone in the room.

I didn't believe a word of what my mother had said about Jannah, I could never doubt Jannah or her intentions, but the word - secrets- took its toll on me, What if there was anything that happened between our families in the past that could affect my relationship or my future with Jannah Negatively??? Was my mother hiding anything from me?? Does Jannah's family know?? Does Jannah herself know???

These questions kept storming inside my head, giving me an unbearable headache.

I kept silencing my demons by forcing myself to believe that my mother was lying.

But the way she said it!!! She seemed genuine!!! I knew my mother was capable of horrible deeds, but this time I believed her words about what had happened in the past, there was some deep forbidden secret that she didn't want me to know ar find out about.

Maybe she was also right about keeping secrets buried, but it haunted me, and I couldn't resist the urge to open that coffin... Of secrets.

Vote, comment, let me know your thoughts.

So a shorter chapter than the previous ones, Hope you enjoy it.