Chapter 22 Blessing

James pov

When we arrived at Jannah's family house, it took me so long to get out of the car. In fact, I was terrified of rejection, I was afraid that Jannah's mother would disapprove, because if she does that would be our end.

This time I was betting my whole life, my future and my heart.

If I don't get a blessing today, I will lose Jannah forever, because I knew that Jannah would never take any step against her mother's wishes even if it kills her.

" Aren't you going to go inside, Mr Wayne?" Matt's voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

" Oh... Yes.. Yes" I said leaving the car.

" I'll go visit some old friends, call me when you are done sir " Matt said.

" Wish me luck Matt" I said buttoning my jacket, and fixing my hair with my hand, trying to hide the effect of travel on my appearance.

The front door to the garden was open so I let myself in.

As I walked to the door of the house, my sick mind kept bringing up my worst fears.

" What if they were right? What if I'm not mature enough to handle the responsibilities of marriage? What if I let Jannah down? What if I break her heart? What if my mother knew and kept haunting us? What if....? What if...?" the questions kept whirling inside my head until Hassan's voice cut them off.

" James, Come on in " he said welcoming me inside.

As I entered the house, an overwhelming sensation of nostalgia took over me.

I remembered that Table where I first sat down to take lunch with Jannah's family, it was then when I felt my heart fluttering for the first time.

I remembered that staircase Where I always waited fer Jannah to Come down like a princess.

I remembered when I came to apologize for the bet, and Jannah stormed up the stairs.

I remembered when I asked Jannah's mother for a date and she declined.

I remembered when I told her that I wanted to marry her daughter and only then she agreed for me to go on a date with her daughter.

" James... James, Where have you been man?? " Hassan's voice helped me snap out of it.

" Oh sorry man, memories" I tried to make it less awkward.

" I understand.. Listen man.. I spoke with my mother and I think trying to convince her is going to be a hard job, she still remembers what your mother did when you porposed years ago and we agreed, she think that nothing has changed and your mother's reaction is going to be the same " Hassan explained.

" No Hassan, everything changed, I'm a 29 year old fully grown man, who happens also to be the CEO of one of the finest multibillion dollar companies in America, My mother no longer has control over my life " I said.

" I understand James, she may not try to hurt you, but she may try to hurt us, we are not as rich or as powerful as your family " Hassan said.

" I'll protect you, I care about whoever Jannah cares about, her family is my family " I said.

" James, you also understand as a muslim, you should be good to your mother even if she were the devil, she is your mother after all " Hassan said.

" I won't be a bad son, I understand, after all I'm Seeking Allah's blessings in this marriage " I said.

" James, one final thing, I need to make sure, are you sure that this is love? Not infatuation? " Hassan asked.

" If this is not love, then love is a myth " I said.