Chapter 4

Chapter 4

ANONYMOUS POV

I stand on all fours as I slowly walk through the woods. I take in the scent of my surroundings and smell something sweet. Something that's smells like roses.

I walk towards the scent and see a girl. Oh, how her hair blew...how those eyes...beautiful.

I hear a stick snap and turn around quickly. Father, you scared me, I say.

He looks past me, sees the girl and growls lowly. The girl gasps. He walks towards her, nostrils flared.

Father?

Shut up and focus. She's one of them. He growls.

"Who's there?" She asks, scared.

NADIA'S POV

I slowly open my eyes and look to the clock on the bed side table. 8 O'CLOCK! Holy shit! I quickly jump out of bed and get dressed into some warm clothes.

I zoom down the stairs and see Elijah standing at the door.

"You ready? Sweet lets go!" He says enthusiastically.

He opens the door and let's me go through first. "Thank you," I say smiling at the ground. He follows behind me.

We walk through the woods trying to find our next meal.

"We need to talk about last night," says Elijah.

I throw my head back and look at the tree tops thinking of what to say. "Okay Elijah," I sigh, "what is there to talk about? It's not like we had sex or anything."

"No but we nearly did. What changed?" He asks innocently.

"Oh yeah sure lets just skip all the parts where you treat me like shit and let's just have sex. Really Elijah? You expect me to lose my virginity after all this time? I am invisible to you!" I say harshly, "I think I should be the one asking what changed. Why have you decided to finally pay attention to me?"

He just looks to the ground, not knowing what to say. "I will make it up to you Nadia. I swear." I look into his golden eyes, they are filled with regret, remorse and something else but I can't quite put my finger on it.

"Yeah so you keep telling me," I say under my breath and continue walking on our search for food. I can't think clearly. My body feels heavy.

"Why don't we split up?" I suggest.

"I don't think that's a good idea. You could get hurt," he says.

"And once again. Elijah! I am able to look after myself!" I take a deep breath to calm myself down. "Look, I just need to be alone and clear my head. See you back at the house." I finish and walk off in my own direction.

I walk around for a while and then I smell something tasty. In the distance I see a deer. Yum. I lick my lips and then run to it using my vampire speed. I bite straight into its throat and quickly slit it with my teeth, dragging them along through the skin.

Suddenly I hear a crack of a stick and turn my head in the direction that I heard it in. I look into a bush and see glowing green eyes emerge. I see large white teeth as it growls a deep growl. A shiver runs down my spine.

"Who's there?" I ask, scared.

Then I see it's whole body. My eyes grow wide as I realise what it is. A werewolf.

I feel a pinch at the back of my throat. I yelp and go to run but I can't move. It's as if I'm paralyzed hips down. I lift my hand and place it at the back of my neck. I pull out what was stuck there and look at it. A syringe.