Prologue

Prologue

There she walks, taking a shortcut home through the alley.

Looking up at the stars of which lit up the dark sky. Joining the white dots with those bright blue eyes that he admired most about her.

Hiding behind shadows he stepped out to the light and watched her run up to him, her cherry red curls bouncing.

She hadn't seen him since the end of Winter. He told her that his family had to stay in the shadows during the next 6 months, but he never told her where.

Her lips touching his with passion, their memories together came alive again.

Their kisses came to a slow and he began kissing her neck.

Hunger began to rage through him. The need to taste her blood. Without warning, he sunk his sharp fangs into her soft, delicate skin.

The taste satisfied him. He heard no screams, just a gasp. Then he remembered, she wanted to be like him.

He sunk his teeth deeper and let the venom seek into her warm veins.

"I love you" she wispered before fainting in his strong arms.

He lay her down on the concrete path and waited for the venom to complete the turn.

Suddenly a gasp escapes her mouth. Her eyes flicker open and they glow the brightest silver he has ever seen.

She wraps her arms around him in a hug.

She was alert now. She could hear the footsteps of a women exiting a building after finishing work late.

She could smell the blood rushing through others veins a mile away.

In her eyes everything looks bright, as if everything she looks at has a flashlight shining on it.

Her throat was dry and was stinging. She had to drink. If she didn't, she would be certain to die.

Unfolding her grip on him, she strolls on over to the woman that just walked out the door.

Her steps quiet as she sneaks up behind the woman, she grabs her shoulders in a tight grip.

Letting her new fangs extend longer, she throws her head forward, puncturing the woman's throat.

The blood rushing down her throat soothed her. Drinking savagely, it began to get harder and there was less blood to drink from.

"Stop" she heard yelling. It was him, warning her to stop, otherwise the woman would die.

Pulling away from the woman, she realised it was too late. The woman fell to the ground, lifeless.

Hope you guys liked the prologue!

----Bree---