4

Written from the perspective of an Non-Fictitious man named King Herod.

          "What do you want?!" I shouted at my three visitors. One of them steps back uncomfortably. I like making people uncomfortable.

          "We have traveled long and wide to find-" One of them, the thinner one, said.

          "To find what? If you're looking for me or my kingdom, you're in the right place." I retorted. Inside, I laughed. I have everything they could ever want. And they're talking to me, what could be better than that?

          "We actually came to ask you where we could find a babe, who is the new king of the Jews." replied the wider one.

          "A new king?!" I yelled, "I mean... A new king, you say?" I try to say with less malice.

          "Yes a new king, we followed his star in the East and have come to worship him." said the Woman of the group.

          This momentarily slowed me down, I've never seen a female Magi before. "Well, well, well..." This could be my breakthrough, I could kill him before he rises to power, because he is just a babe. "Scribe!" I yelled, "Show me in the scrolls where the baby king will be born." There was a moment of rummaging as the scribe fumbled for the correct scroll.

          "I-it says here, O King, that He will be born in Bethlehem in Judea." said the Scribe

          "See to it that you go." I tell them. "Remember to come back to me and tell me where the boy is, so that I may go and worship him too."

          "Thank you for your help, we shall see you once more." said the thin one.

          "Good bye, and may the odds be ever in your favor." I say as I wave them farewell. When they leave, I let out a cackle of laughter. That is powerful enough to make my scribe flee the room. I must remember to kill him, I can't have a coward attending to me.