1

Story written from the perspective of a fictitious man 

named Philipus in the time of Jesus

          I, Philipus am one of those people that overreacts about pretty much everything. I remember one time a friend pushed me into the Sea of Galilee as a small prank and Bam! I blew-up in his face almost literally. I realize now that I overreact and try not to do so.

          One day I was walking in my neighborhood and I happened to pass by the house of a lovely young woman named Mary. I've known her for years, we were good friends in our childhood. I even once asked my parents if she was the person I was to marry, but they said no, she was Joseph's. I stopped trying to win her heart after that. I don't blame them, Joseph and Mary are a good looking couple. Now they are engaged and are going to be married in a couple months. That's why I was shocked when I passed by Mary's house and found her talking to a shining man in her garden that was saying: "...You will conceive and give birth to a son, and you are to call him Jesus..."

          "What does he mean? Why is he telling her she will hav-... wait...did Mary cheat on Joseph? With this guy? Who is this guy anyway?" I thought, not really paying attention to what the man continued to say.

          "...How will this be, since I am a virgin?" Mary asked the man.

          "Wait, what? How can she still be a virgin and be pregnant? This is too much for me to handle." I started to run back to my house, then I realized that probably my overreacting brain gave me a hallucination. Probably because I still loved Mary and I didn't want her to get married. I confirmed this with the memory that the man Mary was talking to was shining. And no normal man shines... Or do they?