Chapter 18

Hermione' P.O.V
The end of October was drawing closer. The smell of damp leaves and fresh growing pumpkins wafted around the castles. The cheerful spirit everyone had made all troubles go away. Any tests or exams coming up stayed clear of mind and only a few things lurked. What would we wear to Dean's Gryffindor Halloween party and the test results I had gotten the day before. It was the weekend now and I could finally see Draco, and not just smile and wave when walking past each other in the halls. I roamed crowed halls, looking for the blonde boy. People talked very loudly that I almost had a head ache before everything stopped when I saw Draco in the distance. Pansy was tapping his shoulder trying to get his attention to which he wasn't giving. He was rolling his eyes and sighing to Blaise and Crabbe bagging him about his sudden spring of happiness joyful skip in his steps.
"I bet it's to do with a girl!" Crabbe says nudging Draco's elbow eagle eyed as if the girl he was referring to was walking past them right at that moment. Blaise and Draco look at each other in an I know what you know type of way. As I walked up to them, the talking stopped.
"Hey!" Draco says beaming. I smile at him and he smiles back. It sends butterflies through my stomach when he smiles. It's no longer a wicked, evil smile but I kind and sweet smile. Pansy grunts and turns away, facing the crowd of kids at the end of the hall eat chocolate frogs and watch them jump around the walls.
"Can I talk to you for a moment please?" I ask. Draco's face turns pink. Crabbe watches this is awe, his mouth slightly gaped. He looked confused at Blaise who was witnessing this as if it was a normal occurrence.
"Why?" Crabbe asked. The corners of his mouth were twitching, turning into a smile. Shit. I had to think quickly.
"Madam... Pomfrey wanted to talk to him in one of .... uh our therapy sessions." I say. Draco looks at me in shock. His eyes glimmer with a hint of sadness. I turn to a confused Crabbe who was back to his mouth being gaped. Blaise sat next to him laughing his ass off. He saw right through me. I widen my eyes and he nods and stops laughing.
"Uh... Ok." Draco says standing up from the bench and walking off with me. As we walked through the halls, we clamped together trying not to crash into people. Every time our bodies hit one another I felt sparks fly in my body. We lead him down the halls and towards the astronomy tower staircase.
"This isn't the way." He says stopping in his path.
"I know. We aren't going to see Madam Pomfrey." I say. He looked at me. His face showed confusion but his eyes shone of hope. I grabbed his hand and lead him up the staircase. As he finally huffed and puffed to the top I stopped, And waiting for our arms to stop stretching as he walked up the last few stairs. When he finally stood level to me, I wrapped me hands around him, almost sending him flying back down the staircase.
"Woah!" He says.
"Congrats on getting second in potions." He laughs.
"Not as good as you Miss Granger. Top of the year. Must be very proud." He says. His hand wrap around me torso and I feel his heart beating through his chest, he was nervous. I loosened my grip and relaxed into him. He sighed and did the same. When we finally let go, we walked to the ledge and looked out at the grounds.
"Beautiful, aren't they?" He said.
"Yep."
"Not, however, as beautiful as you." He said spinning around to look at me. I turn red and look back at him. His ocean blue eyes danced over me like flowing waves crashing on the shore. He reached for my hand. His soft palm touches mine and my chest fills with air. He pulls me in, close, closer then close and rocks me.
"Are we dancing?" I ask as he spins me around his fingers.
"Maybe." He both giggle as he pulls me back into him. His steps were stiff, as if he had no clue what he was doing but didn't care. I knew I didn't care. His grasp made me feel safe and I didn't want to let go. He pulls away and spins us in a circle. His face was covered with a huge smile. The sight of him made me grin as well, I just couldn't help it. He let go with one hand and rolled me in. Our bodies touched and I felt... something, I don't know what but it was something. We started to slow and his breath hit the back of my neck. Something happened... again! He spun me around one last time so we were face to face. His eyes were closed, and now so were mine. His breathing was heavy and hot and I can imagine mine was too. It smelt like fresh toothpaste and my body melted into his.
"I shall see you tonight Granger." He said seductively, my eyes burst open and he pulls away still holding my hand. We pull at each other until he finally lets go.
"My common room." He says finally stepping down the stairs. I listen to the footsteps fading as they got further down. I stayed there for a moment taking in what had just happened. What had just happened? My body still trembling, I walked down the staircase myself and to the common room.