{ 4.} The Hunting Trio

C h a p t e r  4THE HUNTING TRIO

C h a p t e r  4
THE HUNTING TRIO

"OKAY," DUSTIN NODDED as he and Steve stood up from their crouch, "Okay, let's do this," he said, turning on his heel to march back up the stairs to the backyard

Tulip chased after Dustin and Steve followed after Tulip, making sure nothing came up behind her and her brother as they ascended the stairs.

"Gear, up, Tuley," Dustin said excitedly. "We're going on another mission."

Tulip's eye's widened, "But—but it's the weekend," she told him in disappointment. "And the middle of the night..."

Dustin paused in his steps towards the house to look back at his sister, "How the hell are we related," he sighed in defeat, shaking his head as he made his way back to their house.

"Well, you see, Dusty, when two people love each other very much—oww, oww," Tulip was cut of by Dustin launching himself at his sister, tugging at her hair and kicking her shins.

"We shall never speak of the process!" Dustin told her sharply. "It is a forbidden topic and you know it! Damn it, Tuley, this is why we have pacts."

Steve sighed in annoyance as the two sibling argued and he truly began to wonder what the hell it was he was doing at the Henderson household at eleven o'clock at night. He had to have something more interesting than following an eighth grader around in search of some sort of alien dog.

He guessed if Tulip was coming it wouldn't be as bad of a... trip? Mission? Whatever.

"Alright, Harrington, meet back at base nine AM tomorrow," Dustin Henderson ordered. "Apparently sleep is a necessity," he said, sending an annoyed look at a triumphant looking Tulip.

Steve rolled his eyes, "Base?" He wondered.

Tulip couldn't help but give the teenage boy a look of disappointment, "Oh, come on, Stevie Wonder. Base! Where we meet and—and do mission-y stuff."