isolato

dear l.t...

the previous night, I had given myself the luxury of inner relief. I paid for a glass of wine in some corner bar to which I don't remember, the smallest sips were sufficient in having everything being blanked out, fading into my surroundings and only leaving me to waltz in my head.

we both know I get easily drunk, I was drunk with an ecstasy of my own, the ecstasy of feeling like myself after a long time.

it was an enjoyable night, in which every minute that went by, I would be feeling happier because I couldn't see you nor feel you, or even want you at all.

I felt myself, my soft skin, the smile that stretched happily across my cheeks, I heard my sweet laughter and it reached my ears like a melody I haven't heard in decades, my own light touch that made me feel a comfort only I can make myself feel.

I felt like a free cinderella, except I had no prince to run after me, and I had no hideous step mother or even cruel step sisters. but I had freed myself from the room that I had locked myself in.

you were the room. the room that without realising kept me trapped, and only I could free myself from.

but what I realised, is that all it took, was for me to open the door as easily as turning its knob and pushing it open, I was wrong to think it actually had a key, keeping me captive in its darkness.

when I went past the door, I realised, everything is my choice. and it was my choice to remain captive in that room.