Chapter 2: Change of Plans?

Murmurs are heard throughout the whole room, but once the teacher comes in it dies down.

She had fair skin and a plain face, someone you probably couldn't identify in a crowd. Her voice was slightly high pitched, but she was wearing the worst shoes anyone in the class had ever seen. There's the identifier.

They need to be burned, a few students thought.

"Hello, class. I'm Mrs. Haddox your math teacher. I'm going to do attendance then we are going to pass out papers, and do what you have been doing for the past 4 years."

Once Mrs. Haddox found her clipboard she sat behind her desk and began roll call, "Abril Brown."

"Here. I prefer Abi, please."

"Alright... Samantha Gomez."

"Here."

"Abilene Gomez."

"Present."

"Tamantha Hernandez."

"Here."

About five minutes later she had called every students name, "Okay, since we are done with that we are going to pass out papers. Who would like to volunteer?"

"I DO MRS. HADDOX." Corlina screeches out with her annoying voice. Oh how irritating it was. Does she ever cause herself a headache?

Corlina Lopez is an, to put in the nicest way possible, ass-kisser. Her real skin color is unknown because of all the products she uses, but Corlina is of Caucasian descent. She acts as if she is black. The stereotypical black, not everyone is like that... Especially not here in the suburbs, but was Coralina aware of that? Nope, not at all. She is the captain of the cheerleading team. Corlina could have the most down and dirtiest shit about you, yet she will suck up just to get what she wants/needs. Mrs. Haddox rolls her eyes mentally, and forces a sincere smile on her pink, glossed lips.

****

"So, just give that to your parents to sign, and give it back to me next A Day." Mrs. Haddox walks over to her desk, and sits down.

"Since we have 15 more minutes of this class why don't we introduce ourselves?"

The whole class groans. After years of public school, people tend to get tired of icebreakers.

"Who wants to go first? Wait let answer that myself... Corlina, go ahead."

Everyone goes one by one, until it gets to Tammy, Abril, Abi, and Sam.

"Well, everyone knows us." Sam starts.

They each went one at a time.

"I'm Sam."

"I'm Tammy."

"I'm Abril."

"I'm Abi."

"We're all similar really.... We love the same type of music, and everything else. Just really, Tammy favorite food is....nothing she just loves food." At this Tammy waves and shrugs.

"Abril loves to read, Abi loves to write, and I love to play basketball. We also sing too." Sam ends it, and they all sit down.

Mrs. Haddox looks at the clock, and sighs under her breath before turning back to the class.

"We still have more time so y'all can talk or be on your phones. I don't care until you get too loud, and reckless. Then well have quiet time as if you guys are five."

The room erupts in noise. People talking, listening to their music, taking a quick nap (since it was still the early hours of the school day), and so on.

"Are we still up for Halloween night?" Abi says to start the conversation.

"Free candy? Uh yes!" Samantha exclaims with a smile. Abril and Tammy shifts uncomfortably in their seats.

"Well, um, Tam and I were invited to the party earlier. Since we had no school for half of November, then December and January." Abril announces worriedly.

"Oh, okay so we might have to change our plans."

"Yeah. Kinda." Abril says disappointingly.

"When does this party start?" Sam questions, irritated that they might have to cancel on their ongoing tradition for some dumb party.

"Nine." Tam retorts stupidly because of her sudden realization.

"Then there is no problem afterall." Abi says. The girls find their next class as the bell rings.

"I'll see you ladies in band later! Bye!" They all say in harmony and go their separate ways, oblivious to the fact that Halloween night would change their entire life. What could go wrong?

(P.S: This is her editor... This is kind of just a filler chapter, just saying lol)

(P.S.S: Well DAMN then. .-.)