Chapter 5: Blackmailed

***

Tamantha's POV:

A scowl plants itself on my face as I stare dubiously at the forming math problem on the screen. My frown deepens as I reminisce on the earlier events and the bullshit excuse I was given.

(..)

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN THAT YOU CANCELLED THE SEARCH." I scream into the phone.

'These motherfuckas wanna get shot.'

"I'm sorry mam, but we were told from a higher chair that it is supposed to be cancelled immediately." The officer comments nonchalantly.

My anger getting the better of me, I order him that I speak to this "higher chair" immediately, other wise I'm coming down there to "give him a piece of my mind."

"Mam, like I said I am sorry. We were surprised too but we can't do anything. It's all Mr. Dawn's doing. I'm sorry. Good luck to all 4 of you." I hear the dial tone before I could say another word. My mouth hangs open in astonishment at the crudeness of his lack of vexation for our well being. I slam the otiose device down on the hook and trudge up to my room almost breaking off the door hinge from my escalating wrath from the futile conversation I just had.

'This is some ol' bullshit.' I evaluate the situation at hand, but to come up empty handed. I scream in frustration, and I grab my coat, hat and gloves and head out into crispy early November air to calm myself down. I head over to my bus stop and wait angrily at the bus stop, to get school over with.

(...)

I grip my pencil in aggravation from the Algebra 2 question. A warm hand covers mine as I glare at the paper in front of me. I let my face relax and a wide smile come to my face as my eyes come connect with the soft of hazel ones of my friend Trey.

Trey was mixed, Dominican and Black, when I say he was a pure GOD; he has these beautiful hazel eyes that are behind these black glasses and his hair (this year) is in a small afro complimenting his clear chocolate skin which just makes his eyes even brighter. Lord, he can get it.

"Do you need help Tam?" His bass voice reaches my ears and I almost jumped on him and hit flight too.

Damn, hormones. I give him a small smile and nod. As he scooted his chair right next to me, I take a whiff of his masculine musk as he explains what I didn't listen too. I listen to him as he teaches me how to solve the equation, but it was difficult not to just stare at his perfected face.

Once he was finished he looked at me asking me silently if I understood. I nodded slightly but I couldn't look away, his eyes were so captivating...I feel his welcoming body heat as we both leaned in still looking through each others eyes, just looking for the same emotions we both feel. Both of his hands make their way to my cheeks and I automatically lean into them.

Before we could get even closer, I hear the crash of glass, feel the shards cutting and seep into my skin, and see the most disgusting thing. Trey's head twist almost all the way around as he gets hit, luckily he's still conscious and picks himself off the ground, as blood is seeping through the deep gash in his forehead all the way to his left temple. I feel my own blood trickle down my arm and face, as I rush to help Trey while the screams of the students boom in my ear. The frantic voice of my algebra 2 teacher tries to calm the ecstatic students down, as I help Trey up myself and lead us to the nurse's office leaving the blood covered instrument behind us. I shake my head (quickly stopping from the searing migraine pulsing through my brain) wondering who in the right mind would throw a brick with a dead mocking jay tied to it into a classroom full of students. I continue to limp across the school with (now unconscious) Trey Woods leaning on me.