Chapter 9

Author note: I had not looked at this story for a while so imagine my surprise when I read the last uploaded chapter and find out it is an old version. Oops. So yes, I revised the previous chapter and you might want to re-read it since it is different now. 

Leia stood on the high stairs overlooking the scientific facility of the Rebel Alliance. Her expression had become hardened; unreadable, yet with traces of analytical insight as scientists around her exchanged their thoughts on deciphering the codes and extracting valuable information hidden on the datapad.

Thinking of her friend made Leia ball her hands into fists. An emotion she had been struggling with plagued her; the feeling of having lost someone very dear to you.

After all, Luke had not come back after warning them and now she feared for his life.

"Do you think he's still alive?" Han had asked her gently, not having left her side ever since their trip to Montross.

Her hardened eyes had now softened, "I'm not sure Han, but... but I think he is."

Han scratched the back of his head and nodded absently, "I hope you're right on this one, Princess. Luke doesn't deserve this."

Leia nodded, a glint of absolute shimmered in her eyes, "If Luke is alive and captured by the Empire, we must make sure to create an anti-serum and find his current location. We have no idea what they might do to him Han– It scares me. Luke is not only our friend, but he's also our strongest asset."

Han sighed and placed a careful hand on her shoulder.