Scene 1 - What this is

Beauty and the Beast, in Captain Scarlet? Yes, it is a weird crossover.

For those unfamiliar with Captain Scarlet, the series was made in 1967 made by Gerry and Sylvia Anderson and the team using the puppet technique SUPERMATIONATION, highly detailed puppets with pre-recorded dialogue. The series ran for 32 episodes and is considered to be one of the best if the best Anderson show among fans and the general public. Captain Scarlet was rebooted in a CGI series made by Anderson himself but sadly didn't take off in 2005 due to ITV's poor scheduling, but the original for me will always be my Captain Scarlet. The show had been renowned for its dark tone and lack of humour. For me, Captain Scarlet is my second favourite Gerry Anderson show, my third favourite TV show of all time. And I absolutely love this show to bits! So, how can this relate to the Disney fairytale?

When I first watched the 2017 Beauty and the Beast live-action film in the summer that year, I was in full Captain Scarlet mode. With the show's 50th anniversary the following September, we had much to look forward like the Big Finish audio albums, new books like The Vault, Spectrum Agent's Manual and the New Captain Scarlet Blu Ray release - classic series was to be announced on the 29th September on Blu-Ray, the 50th Anniversary day. So, I was watching the live-action film and wandering how Captain Scarlet would be incorporated into the film, and this is how.

Lots of Fanfictions are cross-overs, but they can be great! So will this one, but this time Belle has been caught up in the war of nerves of Spectrum and the Mysterons.  All the scenes with Belle, the Beast etc will be noted where they take place from where they would be in the film and is pretty obvious, but the focus is on Spectrum's latest battle with the Mysterons of Mars. So, with Classic Captain Scarlet and an excellent live-action remake of Beauty and the Beast, the world has been set in the same universe with the village where Belle lives being cut off from the rest of the world who have somehow remained unaware and unchanged of the ever-changing world in 2068. Perhaps this is due to the flower that keeps the beast prisoner or who first brought it - an almighty source that will have consequences to the world if this flower is damaged. The Mysterons have found it and will stop at nothing until they fulfil their latest deadly scheme.

"Captain Scarlet is Indestructible - you are not, remember this. Do not try to imitate him".