Chapter: 3

Chapter 3: Back in California

*not edited*

It's been almost over four weeks since I last spoke to Colton. The first week was terrible, absolutely terrible, I was miserable the whole time. The second week was the week where I didn't speak to anyone, only mumbling around a few words to people here and there. The third week was the week where I finally decided to start coming out of my little turtle shell I've buried myself inside of. I began eating more normally and I spoke some more to people other than Jesse. The fourth week was the week where I was finally starting to feel more like myself, that was until the end of the week where I realized I would be getting on a plane and on my way to California where I unfortunately would one hundred percent run into Colton. It's weird, because I have never realized how fast time goes by, even when you're miserable. I actually lost quite a bit of weight because I stopped eating for a while, I was that depressed. Some might say that I was being a little bit over dramatic, but I believe I wasn't. I guess it wasn't until the third week that I finally got it inside my head that I wouldn't forgive him, it was time to move on, I needed to start living my life the way I was before, when Colton wasn't in it. I couldn't let one boy bring me down when I really needed to focus on myself. And when I finally realized that, that's when I finally felt the string of attachment I had to Colton break.

Currently I'm at the airport in Florida waiting to board my plane, I already said goodbye to Jesse and I am already overthinking my arrival in California, too nervous to see who will be there when I get picked up. My knee is bouncing up and down with nerves, and I think my lip is bit raw from how much chewing I have been doing on it.

"Flight 411 to San Diego, California will now be boarding. May we please have group one, First Class, begin boarding now."

Standing up, I reach for my case and my purse and begin walking towards the double door entrance. My body is racing with nerves, making my mind explode with theories of what will happen when I get to California. What if Jacklen sends Colton to pick me up? No, she wouldn't do that, I have been talking with her about what happened, so she already knows everything. After the first day when Colton called me eighty-three times, there wasn't a single day after that that he called me again. One part of me is sad because I wished he would keep trying, because to me, that showed that he still cared for me, that he still loved me like I still do to him, but now I know the truth. I know that what we had really didn't seem as important to him as it apparently did to me, and still when I think about it, it hurts just a bit.

I handed the lady my flight ticket and waited for her to scan it for me, once she handed it over to me, I walked towards the entrance of the plane. Once I boarded the plane and placed my case in the overhead compartment, I took my seat next to the window. A minute of silence passed by, until I felt somebody sit next to me. It was a man, he looked to be around twenty-one, and when I looked at him, he smiled at me. He was very attractive, with dark brown hair and deep green eyes, and I could tell he wanted to chat with me, but I really wasn't in the mood, so I just smiled a small smile to him, then turned my gaze back to the window. Ever since the break up, I decided to just close myself off from most guys, mostly because I didn't want any more drama right now. I really feel the need to just focus on myself for right now, I have to focus on school and not boys. Plus, I have sheltered myself even more from guys, and that should be a positive thing for me right now. I closed my eyes once I felt the plane beginning to move, I needed to try and keep my mind off of my one week visit in California, and what better way to do it than a nap on the way there?

*******

Grabbing my case, and slinging my purse over the side of my shoulder, I hesitantly walked down the terminal where I was suppose to meet who ever was suppose to pick me up. Jacklen was telling me that she didn't have a full on plane on who was picking me up, because apparently Colton was flying into another airport at around the same time as I am. I picked up my walking speed, ready to see the family. It was just when I walked around the side of the corner when I spotted Dallas leaning up against an all black BMW car with his arms crossed across his chest. I began trotting, my bag swinging on my shoulder, and once the double doors opened for me to step outside, I dropped both my bags and ran straight into his arms. His arms engulfed me and it felt like I was hugging a giant bear. I looked to Dallas as a bigger brother, and it felt great to see him again. I pulled back away from him, smiling like an idiot.