Chapter: 17

Chapter 17: The Hospital

I don't know if you have ever had this feeling, a feeling where someone tells you something, and you literally feel like what they just told you, couldn't possibly be true. It's like, you're in some sort of dream, except in this case, it would be marked as a nightmare. Being told that my parents had passed away in a plane crash, stopped my heart. Being told that Colton got into a motorcycle accident made it speed up so fast, I felt like I would have a heart attack.

"W-what do you mean, Eli?"

Tears began to stream down my face, and I could tell that Kale looked alarmed. I was trying to catch my breath, but it was like all the air was being sucked out of me.

"He was riding his motorcycle, and I-I don't know, he lost control or something. You need to come home, as soon as possible Cleo." Eli cried into the phone.

I didn't even say good bye to him, I ended the call and looked straight into Kales eyes.

"Please, I need you to take me to the airport. Now."

Thankfully, Kale didn't even ask questions, he snatched his keys up and we rushed out of the library. We piled into his truck and within a second, he was racing down the road towards the airport. Luckily I was smart enough to bring my purse with me when I went to the library, so I had my credit card to pay for a plane ticket. I was praying that there was a flight I could catch to California.

Within forty-five minutes, Kale had pulled up to the side of the airport. The whole way there, I was a wreck. So many things were going through my mind at once. Was he going to be okay? Is he in critical condition. He's okay, right? I'm sure he's okay, he's got to be. He's Colton, the guy who is a dare devil, he survives everything. Positive thoughts Cleo, positive thoughts. Although, it's kind of hard to think positive thoughts at this moment. My head was pounding as I opened up the door and stepped out. Before I shut it, I stuck my head back in and said

"I'm so sorry, Kale. I have to go. Thank you for dropping me off."

I slammed the door shut and turned around and rushed into the airport leaving Kale looking stunned. At this moment in time, I honestly didn't even care that Kale was left stunned, I only had one thing on my mind, and that was getting to California. I approached a desk where a lady in a crisp looking suit was sitting behind.

"Excuse me, is there a flight boarding for California any time soon?"

I asked the lady, her name tag read 'Jenny.' Jenny looked up and pursed her lips.

"I'm sorry miss, they just boarded, you're going to have to wait until the next flight, which takes off in..." She looked down at her computer screen, "Three hours."

She gave me an extremely fake smile, and I narrowed my eyes down on her.

"Please, ma'am, I really need to get on that first flight!"

My hands were shaking with nerves. I was on edge. There was no way I could miss that flight, I needed to get to California as soon as possible.

"Look, miss, I can't let you on that flight, they are about to shut the doors for take-off. I'm sorry."

Tears began to well up in my eyes, and my bottom lip began quivering.

"Pl-please, I'm begging you. I'll run to the plane, I can make it. I just really need to get on that plane!"

I don't know if I struck some emotional part of her, considering she hasn't exactly been very nice, but a second later, she sighed through her teeth and replied