Chapter 6: Face to Face by @Salomea27

A few days passed and Eddy really had enough of this whole situation. Feeling sorry for himself and fact that Brett was avoiding him made him really angry. He decided to change it. He fought with his thoughts for a long time, but finally made a decision.

Eddy appeared in front of Brett's house before noon. He took a deep breath and knocked on the door. There was silence for a moment and then he heard doors opening. Brett pursed his lips and looked at him blankly.

"We need to talk," Eddy began.

Brett shut the door in his face without a word.

"I will not leave until we talk, and I'm not going to talk with the door!" He shouted.

He knew that Brett was right outside the door and he could hear him perfectly. He knew him well enough so he knew that the older boy would not open the door soon. He sighed deeply and took out his phone.

It seemed it would be a long day, but he wouldn't give up.

A few hours passed. Eddy saw that the curtains were moving several times. He was smirking, knowing that Brett was testing his endurance and determination. He will not go away even if he has to spend the whole night in front of his house. His legs were already aching and he was really hungry. He wished he had eaten breakfast in the morning. He sighed quietly and sat down on the driveway. He leaned his elbow on his knee and chin in his hand. He sighed again and he began to view the comments under their old films.

After a few more hours, he lay down on a driveway, warm from the sun and looked at the clouds.

Last time at the gym he overdid his exercises and ended with sore muscles so with every move they screamed in pain. If it were not for the fact that he was hungry and hurting, it would be quite pleasant time. It would be perfect if Brett was with him. Eddy closed his eyes and almost immediately he felt a cold drop of rain on his cheek. Surprised he opened his eyes and looked at the dark clouds. Had he closed his eyes for longer than he thought? Soon a real downpour started. He pulled the hood over his head, however it did not help much. Soon he was all soaked and frozen. Fortunately, Brett took pity on him and opened the door. The boys looked at each other in silence for a moment.

"Come in otherwise you'll be sick," Brett muttered, moving away from the door and going deeper into the house.

"Thanks," Eddy said as he stepped inside and closed the door behind him.

He was all wet so he did not want to go in to make mess so he stood in silence at the door.

"You wanted to talk," Brett said dryly. "Unfortunately I have nothing to tell you."

"If you do not want to talk, listen to me instead," he said, shivering from the cold.

Brett shrugged, what the younger boy read as agreement. He took a deep breath and let it out with a sound.

"I know you do not feel comfortable after what you saw," he started and even though he was cold, he could feel his cheeks burning. "I'm ashamed because of it, but I do not regret it." He sighed. "I also know that the whole situation with fanfiction made you feel insecure in my presence. I do not know why and if you do not want to explain it to me, you do not have to. I will not deny that I am open to something more." He looked at Brett and sighed softly at his expression. He saw how he opened his mouth to say something, but Eddy interrupted him. "I'm not going to force you to do anything. You are my best friend and that's what counts for me." He added quickly "I miss you." Eddy looked at Brett uncertainly and realized he was holding his breath. He waited until the boy would say something, anything.

"Are you going to stand here forever?" Brett said resigned, but Eddy saw a small smile lurking in a corner of his lips.

Probably some stranger would not even notice it, but Eddy knew him very well and could read these small changes in his friend's facial expression.

Brett turned on his heel and went to the kitchen. The younger boy followed him and sat down in silence, still waiting for his friend's answer. However instead of saying something he made a tea and few sandwiches. He set food in front of Eddy and took a seat on the opposite side. Eddy looked at the plate in front of him. He was not sure if he should eat something, but a loud rumbling sound from his stomach made him reach for the sandwich. Before he realised he ate it all. He was still hungry, but a little less. Tea helped him to warm up.

However he was still unpleasantly wet. Brett left without a word and returned a moment later with a T-shirt and sweatpants in his hands. He gave him to his cold and wet friend. Eddy took them and went to the bathroom to change.

He still did not know what to think about it, and Brett's scent did not help either. He put the T-shirt and for a moment he admired his friend's fragrance. He pushed all unwanted thoughts from his mind and decided that he had enough of silence. He left the bathroom and came back to the kitchen, where his friend made him more sandwiches. "When will you stop with this silent treatment?" When the boy did not reply, Eddy grabbed his arm and forced him to look at him.

"I do not know what to say," said the older boy, "but I missed you too," he admitted after a moment, blushing slightly.

Eddy sighed with relief and smiled because he knew how much this confession cost his friend.

"I am glad to hear that," Eddy admitted. "Thanks for the clothes and food."

"I did keep you waiting a long time, I hope you will not be sick because of me."

"Then you will have to look after me and be my personal nurse," Eddy laughed softly, seeing the indignant face of the smaller boy.

"You wish," Brett murmured, blushing furiously. He quickly lowered his head, passed him and went to the living room.

Eddy did not know how to interpret his friend's behaviour and decided not to do so. He followed him into the living room and sat on the couch. "Maybe we'll record the new film?" Eddy suggested.

"Do you want to record now?" Brett was surprised.

"Why not?" He shrugged. "We have not recorded anything for a long time."

(Shpook you're next!!!!

then VioletFan7x9? Yes?

This is so cool. I'm terribly excited. I'm a fujoshi in full uwu mode right this second. Aaaaaaaoaaaaw)