Chapter 4 : A Word To The Wise, by @KotoriTori

(This chapter by @KotoriTori ! Let's keep the breddies flowing. Yeah.)

Eddy tried to zip up his trousers quickly and rub off his body liquid from his hands with his shirt. He didn't do up the last button, but ran to the hallway. Brett wasn't there. He was already gone as Eddy understood from the silence. Eddy ran back to their office-room and looked at the window. Brett wasn't at the garden or street too. Probably he was hiding at a little corner and trying to understand what was really happening.

Brett was the one with knowledge about everything about life. Eddy was sure Brett understood what was Eddy doing. But Brett didn't understand why. Actually Eddy himself wasn't sure about it either. His hand moved without his brain's permission. All Eddy remember he was doing was listening to music. He didn't realise how it could look like that caressing himself while listening to their own composition. It was probably weird.

Eddy didn't want to be called "weird" or "freak" or "fagot". But he didn't want to hide any feelings anymore too. And, Eddy was pretty sure that Brett won't call him with these adjectives. "Interesting" maybe.

But, Eddy knew the point that he can't talk with Brett in this situation. Probably he won't listen to Eddy, and say things he doesn't really want to say. Brett had already ran away from Eddy. Again. He was hiding behind closed doors or behind his deadpan face. Eddy was the only person who could understand Brett's deadpan faces. But he didn't let Brett know it. Brett had happy deadpan face, shocked deadpan face, frustrated deadpan face, confused deadpan face, angry deadpan face... But Eddy didn't completely see which of Brett's faces this was. Or for how long Brett was watching him doing... whatever. But really for how long Brett see him?

Eddy shouted, "Belle, when did Brett come?"

Belle shouted back from the kitchen, "Just a few minutes ago. Why has he left so early?" 

Eddy was confused, "Uuuhhh, nothin'. Thanks!" he said. 

So Brett saw his tears and his little escapade then. Well, it was enough for Brett to understand something had changed or nearly changed. Eddy sat back on the chair in 'their' office. He felt a migraine coming on. From all the nervousness, the anxiety, and his body froze. His heart beat so fast, he couldn't even think. He felt so tense. He could feel the weariness, the shame, the nervousness, maybe anger at himself, anger at Brett, a little piece of hope maybe too.

He saw his semen on the floor. A little on the chair. They were mostly at his underwear and shirt because of he cleaned his hands with his shirt. Eddy sighed absentmindedly. He took off his shirt; cleaned the floor and chair with it. When he finish cleaning he went to his room half-naked. He take his bathrobe and went to bathroom. Took off his trousers, pants and socks. He put his shirt and underwear into a basin with liquid soap. 

He walked into the shower and set the water to cool. Cool water is the best way to make up one's mind. And cleaning from the semen. A kind of little punishment maybe.

Eddy took a deep breath under cool water. His brain was full of Brett's face when he was running from him. 

Eddy took soap in his right hand, and lathered the bath sponge.

Brett's voice was raspy. Like he forgot how to talk. Well, that was normal. And Eddy was sure that Brett's face had a weird expression. Near to cry but also some kind of smiling? Surprised and... Really surprised.

Eddy slowly pressed his head against the wall. He knew crying is not a choice in this situation. Someone needs to take a grip to continue their friendship. Someone needs to just DO it. That someone wasn't Brett it seemed. So Eddy decided to ask for help.

After cool shower, Eddy dried himself and put some clothes on himself. He went to Belle's room. Her door was open and she was on her chair reading a book.

Eddy knocked at the door before stepping into the room. "Uhmm, Belle. May I ask you something?" he said in a weak voice.

Belle raised her head from the book she was reading. She looked at her younger brother.  "Sure, whenever you want. Now?"  She put a bookmark between pages, closed the book and smiled at him.

(dialogues are now a communal effort between Melinflower, KotoriTori and Ohmadou)

Eddy sat on the bed and stared at his knees. "Do you think Brett's been acting strange lately?"

Belle laughed. "He's acting strange?!! My extra special and peculiar little brother says his best friend is acting strange..."

Eddy tried to smile. "Okay, okay, coming from me, I guess..." He tried to look up at his sister but something sad hit him in the chest and wiped the smile off his face. He looked down at his knees again, and at last he said, "I guess we all have off days..."

He heard his sister's voice ask him very gently, "Do you think Brett might be under a lot of pressure at the moment, Eddy?" As he wasn't answering, she carried on. "What about his family? How do they feel about your... how shall I put it... extraordinary lifestyle?"

"Our what? What about our lifestyle?" Eddy asked.

"Well, you know, it's not your traditional career path for an Asian family. All the expectation."

"We're doing really well! We're on the up, no?"

"Yes, yes, you are. Sure. I'm really proud of you." Belle replied. "But me and your friends, we're not bothered by your choices, by Brett's choices, by any peculiarities of yours. We take the two of you as you are. We love you just as you are. No more, no less."

"Thanks."

"Do you think his family might be wondering, uh... " Belle stopped.

"What?" Eddy felt hot and cold sweat running down his back. 

"well... whether Brett is dating, for instance."

"Dating?!" Eddy exclaimed, still not able to look at his sister.

"Yes, you know." And Belle leant forward and put a hand on his knee. "Who is Brett dating?"

(Next chapter be will by AgustinaSWEG, then Salomea27, and then?....  )