Chapter 5: Doubt by @AgustinaSWEG

That question threw Eddy off.

"He might be dating..." he mumbled, finding that he never really bothered with that. But now, it really was something to contemplate on.

"Do you know anyone who would date Brett?" Belle asked.

Me. Eddy thought. But he was thinking, who would Brett date? Well, there were a few friends of theirs that might be the lucky person. Oh yeah. That girl in University. The one that kissed up to him and Brett.

"Well, there's Sophie, she had a crush on him in Uni..." he said.

"Well then! They're probably dating then! But you..." Belle's voice trailed off as Eddy drowned himself in his own thoughts. Why would he date her? I thought he wasn't attracted to girls. When news went out in Uni that Sophie liked Brett, he was indifferent in emotions....

Aish, Eddy, stop thinking about excuses that are going to make you think that he likes you... who would like you anyway? You're not even attractive. You can't even support Brett the way he would want! How could you expect him to have any feelings for you?! You're a disgusting nobody! You can't even play the violin like a normal person! You could be a violist with this!

The thoughts in Eddy's mind got more and more negative and self-loathing as Belle kept on talking.

Eddy couldn't take it anymore, the cacophony went on and on, so he ran out of the room. He felt tears sting his eyes as he ran out of the building, his sister calling after him.

He ran and ran. He ran to wherever his feet took him. Across the many streets, looking into stores as he tried to keep his tears in.

He stopped by his and Brett's favourite coffee shop. He looked in the windows of the warm place. People were chatting softly, drinking the coffee. The warm vibe it gave off made Eddy want to go inside and think things through for a minute.

He walked in.

He was walking to the register for a cup of mocha, but then he spotted Brett sitting at a table, a smile evident on his face.

Sitting across Sophie.

See?! I told you! You're not worthy of being loved by Brett! You useless violist!

He choked on a sob, and never in his life had Eddy want to cry more than now. He clamped his mouth shut as he tried with all his willpower to not break down in the middle of the cafe.

Brett spotted him. The smile on his face erased instantly, turning into a frustrated face. There was sadness in his eyes. Eddy couldn't take it anymore. He burst into sobs as he sprinted out of the cafe.

He didn't know where to run, there was nowhere he could go anymore.

He ran into the deep city, not stopping for a single moment, afraid that Brett will come after him and catch him, knowing he's stronger, more muscular.

The noise of traffic and the bustling surrounded Eddy, making him feel more isolated as he continued running.

He ran into an alley nearby. He stopped, catching his breath. After a few minutes, he calmed down a bit.

But then Brett came across his mind again. He crouched down, curling himself up against the wall and cried his heart out.

"All those years... I knew they would come down to this." Eddy said out loud to himself. "Brett," he choked on a sob. "If you can hear this," he looked up at the sky. "I always liked you. You and your pretty smile. Your mesmerising personality. Through all these years, I was beginning to believe that you liked me too." Eddy looked down, putting his head between his legs, his arms over them.

"I don't know why you're dating her, you never even knew her," he cried. "I don't know what you're trying to do with this, if you're pushing me away by hooking up with a person you only know the name of, or you genuinely like her," he looked up again. "But you're killing me! I know I'm not up to your expectations..." he trailed off.

"You know that damn well, Eddy." he told himself. "Why are you even begging him to accept you when you know that he won't? It's obvious! That girl is much better than what you could ever be!"

Eddy stood up suddenly. He wiped the tears on his cheeks, and plastered on a determined look, his fists balling up in anger towards himself.

"I'm going to make myself worthy. I don't care what it takes. I will fix myself."

* * *

"There you go, sir. Enjoy your time at the gym."

Eddy made his way to a treadmill. He stepped on it, and started it. He looked at all the people at the gym. Good job, Eddy. The voice inside his head told him. Now that you're here, you're not getting out of here until you're dizzy from the exercise. He started at a jogging pace, and after a few minutes, started getting out of breath a little bit. His determination pushed on. He sped the machine up, adding some incline as well.

Day one, Eddy told himself. Eat nothing, exercise a shit ton. You'll be perfect in no time.

(Here we go Breddy writers and readers! This was @AgustinaSWEG,

and next we have Salomea27

and who's next? Yes, you, Shpook. You're back, hun'

and then followed by VioletFan7x9? yesh?

By the way, readers and writers, Agustina has some fabulous ravishingly smutty episodes but she will keep that for later as we need to keep the ball in the air, so bear that in mind... romance is all in the slow build up, expectations and nerve tingling anticipation... can't give it all away too soon.

I wonder who's going to bring in an Eddy who likes to be a woman and to dress as a woman in this story. I thought about that because here, Eddy spots Brett with a girl and he's consumed by jealousy. Could be his incentive to explore his feminine side? )